Team Karting

  • Ian Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2007

      News from the front grid is that at present the 4 of us have Thruxton karting circuit to ourselves for the 15 minute race this Sunday.

      Long range weather forecast is good so I'll be on soft compound to give you boys a jolly good thrashing !

      Best Regards,
      Ian

      To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
      From: wiw@...
      Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:14:26 +0000
      Subject: [teampfb] Blackbirds, corners and old gits

      ... in fact the Blackbird was up for it, but (from what I can
      remember, the pilot bottled it & tried to stop from 60-ish in the
      width of the road :-( not recommended. So don't be put off!
      Having said this, it just wouldn't be the same without that
      gaudy '70s paint job. Perhaps you could have it resprayed ;-)
      Bill
      --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, Ian Brown <ianpbrown@. ..> wrote:

      > Why was it on the back of a trailer !!
      >
      > You've sold him a dud !
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Ian
      >
      > To: teampfb@yahoogroups .com
      > From: jabirus@...
      > Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:39:00 +0000
      > Subject: [teampfb] Breaking up is hard to do...

      > Gents,
      >

      > It's with a heavy heart I must report that the fine
      handling "little

      > six" left for a good home yesterday - see photo.
      >

      > After giving the ponderous (and rather smug looking) Lifeboat a
      sharp

      > kick as I passed it in the garage, I sought solace on the internet,
      >
      > gazing wistfully at Blackbird ads in MCN.
      >

      > My thought is that a silky smooth Blackbird with its engine
      balancers

      > would bring some pleasure back into these long bike trips.
      >

      > I also feel the handling would be better - although Bill has proved
      >
      > it's ability to negotiate corners is not necessarily assured...
      >

      > Decisions, decisions - Perhaps we'll just have to invoke
      >
      > the "slowest bike at the front" rule.
      >

      > That'll be me then.
      >

      > Cheers, and roll on the Hobbit race next weekend - when Bill can
      tell

      > me why I need a Blackbird.
      >

      > Captain Slow.

      > 100's of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
      > https://www. musicmashup. co.uk

      Get free emoticon packs and customisation from Windows Live. Pimp My Live!