Breaking up is hard to do...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2007
      Gents,

      It's with a heavy heart I must report that the fine handling "little
      six" left for a good home yesterday - see photo.

      After giving the ponderous (and rather smug looking) Lifeboat a sharp
      kick as I passed it in the garage, I sought solace on the internet,
      gazing wistfully at Blackbird ads in MCN.

      My thought is that a silky smooth Blackbird with its engine balancers
      would bring some pleasure back into these long bike trips.

      I also feel the handling would be better - although Bill has proved
      it's ability to negotiate corners is not necessarily assured...

      Decisions, decisions - Perhaps we'll just have to invoke
      the "slowest bike at the front" rule.

      That'll be me then.

      Cheers, and roll on the Hobbit race next weekend - when Bill can tell
      me why I need a Blackbird.

      Captain Slow.
    • Ian Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2007

        Why was it on the back of a trailer !!

        You've sold him a dud !

        Best Regards,
        Ian

        To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
        From: jabirus@...
        Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:39:00 +0000
        Subject: [teampfb] Breaking up is hard to do...

      • anthony@westdene.me.uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2007
          Best rid of it. Shite bike and nasty colour. You have moved up to a proper man's motorcycle. Leave your junior days behind you and get on with a real life.

          Sympathetically yours,

          Harry

          It's with a heavy heart I must report that the fine handling "little
          six" left for a good home yesterday - see photo.

          After giving the ponderous (and rather smug looking) Lifeboat a sharp
          kick as I passed it in the garage, I sought solace on the internet,
          gazing wistfully at Blackbird ads in MCN.

          My thought is that a silky smooth Blackbird with its engine balancers
          would bring some pleasure back into these long bike trips.

          I also feel the handling would be better - although Bill has proved
          it's ability to negotiate corners is not necessarily assured...

          Decisions, decisions - Perhaps we'll just have to invoke
          the "slowest bike at the front" rule.

          That'll be me then.

          Cheers, and roll on the Hobbit race next weekend - when Bill can tell
          me why I need a Blackbird.

          Captain Slow.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Bill
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2007
            ... in fact the Blackbird was up for it, but (from what I can
            remember, the pilot bottled it & tried to stop from 60-ish in the
            width of the road :-( not recommended. So don't be put off!
            Having said this, it just wouldn't be the same without that
            gaudy '70s paint job. Perhaps you could have it resprayed ;-)
            Bill
            --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, Ian Brown <ianpbrown@...> wrote:

            > Why was it on the back of a trailer !!
            >
            > You've sold him a dud !
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > Ian
            >
            > To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
            > From: jabirus@...
            > Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:39:00 +0000
            > Subject: [teampfb] Breaking up is hard to do...

            > Gents,
            >

            > It's with a heavy heart I must report that the fine
            handling "little

            > six" left for a good home yesterday - see photo.
            >

            > After giving the ponderous (and rather smug looking) Lifeboat a
            sharp

            > kick as I passed it in the garage, I sought solace on the internet,
            >
            > gazing wistfully at Blackbird ads in MCN.
            >

            > My thought is that a silky smooth Blackbird with its engine
            balancers

            > would bring some pleasure back into these long bike trips.
            >

            > I also feel the handling would be better - although Bill has proved
            >
            > it's ability to negotiate corners is not necessarily assured...
            >

            > Decisions, decisions - Perhaps we'll just have to invoke
            >
            > the "slowest bike at the front" rule.
            >

            > That'll be me then.
            >

            > Cheers, and roll on the Hobbit race next weekend - when Bill can
            tell

            > me why I need a Blackbird.
            >

            > Captain Slow.

            > 100's of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
            > https://www.musicmashup.co.uk

          • Ian Brown
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 29, 2007

              News from the front grid is that at present the 4 of us have Thruxton karting circuit to ourselves for the 15 minute race this Sunday.

              Long range weather forecast is good so I'll be on soft compound to give you boys a jolly good thrashing !

              Best Regards,
              Ian

              To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
              From: wiw@...
              Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:14:26 +0000
              Subject: [teampfb] Blackbirds, corners and old gits

              ... in fact the Blackbird was up for it, but (from what I can
              remember, the pilot bottled it & tried to stop from 60-ish in the
              width of the road :-( not recommended. So don't be put off!
              Having said this, it just wouldn't be the same without that
              gaudy '70s paint job. Perhaps you could have it resprayed ;-)
              Bill
              --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, Ian Brown <ianpbrown@. ..> wrote:

              > Why was it on the back of a trailer !!
              >
              > You've sold him a dud !
              >
              > Best Regards,
              > Ian
              >
              > To: teampfb@yahoogroups .com
              > From: jabirus@...
              > Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:39:00 +0000
              > Subject: [teampfb] Breaking up is hard to do...

              > Gents,
              >

              > It's with a heavy heart I must report that the fine
              handling "little

              > six" left for a good home yesterday - see photo.
              >

              > After giving the ponderous (and rather smug looking) Lifeboat a
              sharp

              > kick as I passed it in the garage, I sought solace on the internet,
              >
              > gazing wistfully at Blackbird ads in MCN.
              >

              > My thought is that a silky smooth Blackbird with its engine
              balancers

              > would bring some pleasure back into these long bike trips.
              >

              > I also feel the handling would be better - although Bill has proved
              >
              > it's ability to negotiate corners is not necessarily assured...
              >

              > Decisions, decisions - Perhaps we'll just have to invoke
              >
              > the "slowest bike at the front" rule.
              >

              > That'll be me then.
              >

              > Cheers, and roll on the Hobbit race next weekend - when Bill can
              tell

              > me why I need a Blackbird.
              >

              > Captain Slow.

              > 100's of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
              > https://www. musicmashup. co.uk

              Get free emoticon packs and customisation from Windows Live. Pimp My Live!