Re: TealSafe (PalmOS and Win32)

  • tealtex
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2009
      TealSafe doesn't look for your apps on any specific drive; it uses whatever the Palm Desktop stores in the Windows registry.

      Make sure to read the chapter on syncing in the TealSafe manual and check that you aren't skipping any steps. The TealSafe sync menu acts as both an "export" and an "import". To sync you have to explicitly select the "sync" menu on *both* copies of TealSafe (handheld and desktop) and hotsync in between.

      Lastly, your Palm Desktop backup conduit has to be enabled. You have to reenable it if you disabled it or ran something like BackupBuddy that disables it.

      -tex

      --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, John Tserkezis <jt@...> wrote:

      > I've been using TealSafe (PalmOS) for a little while, and was evaluating the
      > use of the Win32 version as well. (v1.60 of both)
      >
      > However, they don't appear to sync at all.
      >
      > A couple of points of interest that may be worthy of mention:
      >
      > I'm using Palm Desktop from ACCESS, v6.2.2 (the new awful one).
      >
      > And, I do *NOT* have my palm databases in the default location. They are
      > NOT stored on my local C: drive, but on the server which I've assigned as my
      > Z: drive. This was done with a bit of registry manipulation to point to the
      > alternative drive/directory. So far, this appears to work with everything else.
      >
      > I'm guessing it simply can't find my palm folder, but other apps I've used,
      > correctly identify the location of my palm directory without issue.
      >

      > Before anyone suggests I change any of the above two points, I either can't,
      > won't or both (depending on several other factors), so kindly don't ask :-)
      > --
      > Linux Registered User # 302622
      > <http://counter.li.org>
      > Internet: jt@...

    • John Tserkezis
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2009
        tealtex wrote:

        > TealSafe doesn't look for your apps on any specific drive;
        > it uses whatever the Palm Desktop stores in the Windows registry.

        > Make sure to read the chapter on syncing in the TealSafe manual and check
        > that you aren't skipping any steps.

        Hmf. Now it works. It took a bit of back and forthing, and I found some
        old "Welcome to TealSafe" databases that were not showing up in either
        anymore, so I got rid of those with FileZ.
        I have no idea how they're related, but it certainly did work after I
        trashed those.

        Incedently, I've noticed a cosmetic bug on the MENU > Tools > Syncronize >
        menu on the Palm: <http://members.optusnet.com.au/~link_jt_3/TealSafeBug.jpg>

        I'll run with this over the next few days and see how things go.
        --
        Linux Registered User # 302622
        <http://counter.li.org>
        Internet: jt@...
      • Dwight C. Carr
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009

          Greetings,

          I am trying to send SMS initated from my TX to my bluetooth phone with TealPhone 5, but can't figure it out.  I select send SMS, but nothing seems to happen.  I can send using the built in SMS application on the TX, but I have to copy and paste the phone number...

          Any Suggestions are Appreciated!!!

          Thank You,

          Dwight...

        • tealtex
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
            Sorry. The SMS function is only for devices (phones) with native SMS capabilities. I don't know if the TX SMS app has an external API apps can call to launch the SMS app with a preselected number, but apparently it doesn't follow Palm's published API used for Centros and Treos.

            -tex