Re: TealAuto2.0 plus new Windows Desktop programs

  • Emmett Simpson
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 22, 2008
      When I try to run the latest version of TealAuto for Windows desktop
      and select Synchronize I get a Windows error. It is:

      "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c
      75b6bf9c" When I click on Cancel TryAgain or Continue the message
      keeps coming back and I finally have to use Task Manager to kill it.

      I do notice that TealAuto is trying to use H: for some reason. I can
      not get into the application to see if there are any settings that
      are pointing it to H:.

      I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

      --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi All.
      >
      > TEALAUTO 2.0
      >
      > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it and
      > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
      >
      > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
      >
      > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
      > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
      > test page:
      >
      > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
      >
      > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
      > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
      > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
      >
      > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
      > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
      it
      > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to run
      > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives you
      > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
      > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
      > make the synching automatic.
      >
      > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
      >
      > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and TealSafe
      > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
      > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions support
      > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
      still
      > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
      TealAuto
      > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
      compatible
      > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -tex

    • tealtex
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 23, 2008
        When you synchronize, the first thing TealAuto does is scan all your
        mapped drive letters for valid SD card folders. This error message
        comes from Windows and indicates that you have a drive letter (H:?)
        mapped to an invalid drive. There seems to be many possible causes
        for this, ranging from viruses to buggy card-reader/flash-drive/cd
        drivers. Searching for that error message, I found many hits,
        including this one:

        http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-
        processing.html

        Also check in "My Computer" to see what drives are available. If
        there is an "H:" there, try to open it and see if it gives you the
        same error message.

        -tex

        --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Emmett Simpson"
        <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:

        > When I try to run the latest version of TealAuto for Windows
        desktop
        > and select Synchronize I get a Windows error. It is:
        >
        > "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4
        75b6bf9c
        > 75b6bf9c" When I click on Cancel TryAgain or Continue the message
        > keeps coming back and I finally have to use Task Manager to kill it.
        >
        > I do notice that TealAuto is trying to use H: for some reason. I
        can
        > not get into the application to see if there are any settings that
        > are pointing it to H:.
        >
        > I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
        >

        > --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All.
        > >
        > > TEALAUTO 2.0
        > >
        > > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it
        and
        > > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
        > >
        > > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
        > >
        > > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
        > > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
        > > test page:
        > >
        > > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
        > >
        > > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
        > > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
        > > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
        > >
        > > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
        > > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
        > it
        > > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to
        run
        > > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives
        you
        > > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
        > > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
        > > make the synching automatic.
        > >
        > > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
        > >
        > > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and
        TealSafe
        > > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
        > > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions
        support
        > > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
        > still
        > > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
        > TealAuto
        > > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
        > compatible
        > > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > -tex

      • tealtex
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 24, 2008
          This error comes from windows and seems to indicate that you have a
          drive letter mapped (H:?) to an invalid drive. There are a lot of
          hits for this if you Google it.

          Try 2Beta27, which adds a patch where we try to skip any drives
          without active volumes when scanning them from valid sync folders.

          <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:

          > When I try to run the latest version of TealAuto for Windows
          desktop
          > and select Synchronize I get a Windows error. It is:
          >
          > "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4
          75b6bf9c
          > 75b6bf9c" When I click on Cancel TryAgain or Continue the message
          > keeps coming back and I finally have to use Task Manager to kill it.
          >
          > I do notice that TealAuto is trying to use H: for some reason. I
          can
          > not get into the application to see if there are any settings that
          > are pointing it to H:.
          >
          > I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
          >

          > --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All.
          > >
          > > TEALAUTO 2.0
          > >
          > > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it
          and
          > > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
          > >
          > > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
          > >
          > > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
          > > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
          > > test page:
          > >
          > > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
          > >
          > > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
          > > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
          > > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
          > >
          > > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
          > > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
          > it
          > > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to
          run
          > > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives
          you
          > > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
          > > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
          > > make the synching automatic.
          > >
          > > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
          > >
          > > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and
          TealSafe
          > > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
          > > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions
          support
          > > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
          > still
          > > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
          > TealAuto
          > > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
          > compatible
          > > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > -tex

        • Emmett Simpson
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 26, 2008
            Tex,

            It appears that if I install a new version of TealAuto Windows
            Desktop that I must tell the Palm to re-sync or I will get a lot of
            the error messages I reported in my previous post. It also appears
            that the install of a new TealAuto Desktop overlays the information
            of the previous beta. Is this correct? It also seems to create
            a "Primary Auto" entry.

            If I tell the Palm TealAuto to sync I will get the error message but
            if I continue to click on the Continue it eventually finds the
            correct drive and data. Any way to suppress the error message until
            the correct drive/data is found? What about allowing the user to
            specify a drive or list of drives to search? Also the Window version
            does not respond to the page down or page up keys. It only moves the
            highlighted line up or down instead of the page. Clicking on the
            scroll arrows does do page scrolling. Holding down on the mouse
            button on the scrool arrow does not however do multiple scrolls you
            must click for each page scroll you want.

            Also if I bring up the Windows version non-maximized and then
            maximize the window the displayed data does not expand to fit the new
            window size. If I select a new display like services and then go
            back to fueling the window is filled and I can minimize or drag and
            change window size without any display problem.

            --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hi All.
            >
            > TEALAUTO 2.0
            >
            > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it and
            > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
            >
            > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
            >
            > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
            > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
            > test page:
            >
            > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
            >
            > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
            > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
            > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
            >
            > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
            > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
            it
            > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to run
            > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives you
            > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
            > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
            > make the synching automatic.
            >
            > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
            >
            > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and TealSafe
            > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
            > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions support
            > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
            still
            > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
            TealAuto
            > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
            compatible
            > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > -tex

          • Emmett Simpson
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
              Tex,

              I do have an H: drive it is a USB 2.0 Dazzle card reader. If I try
              to open it myself I get the "Please insert a disk into drive H:". I
              am running Beta 27 I downloaded from the TealPoint site. In the
              About it calls it 2.Beta28.

              Thanks

              Emmett

            • Emmett Simpson
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 27, 2008
> [...]

                > you
                > > > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You
                can
                > > > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program
                > > > make the synching automatic.
                > > >
                > > > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
                > > >
                > > > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and
                > TealSafe
                > > > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
                > > > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions
                > support
                > > > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
                > > still
                > > > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
                > > TealAuto
                > > > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
                > > compatible
                > > > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.

              • Emmett Simpson
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 28, 2008
                  Tex,

                  Under Beta27 it appears that the message I reported does not happen
                  when TealAuto Windows Desktop is first launched. If I go to
                  Tools...Synchronize or Options...Preferences...Auto Sync the error
                  does occur. Clicking on the "Continue" button finally gets rid of
                  the error.

                  --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Hi All.
                  >
                  > TEALAUTO 2.0
                  >
                  > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it and
                  > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
                  >
                  > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
                  >
                  > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
                  > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
                  > test page:
                  >
                  > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
                  >
                  > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
                  > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
                  > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
                  >
                  > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
                  > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
                  it
                  > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to run
                  > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives you
                  > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
                  > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
                  > make the synching automatic.
                  >
                  > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
                  >
                  > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and TealSafe
                  > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
                  > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions support
                  > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
                  still
                  > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
                  TealAuto
                  > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
                  compatible
                  > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > -tex

                • tealtex
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 28, 2008
                    Hi.

                    <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:
                    > Under Beta27 it appears that the message I reported does not happen
                    > when TealAuto Windows Desktop is first launched. If I go to
                    > Tools...Synchronize or Options...Preferences...Auto Sync the error
                    > does occur. Clicking on the "Continue" button finally gets rid of
                    > the error.

                    Just to be clear, do you mean that you get the original "Exception
                    Processing Message" message or do you mean that you get the "Please
                    insert disk" message.

                    In either case, please try Beta29. This version disables system
                    critical error messages, which seems to be what you're supposed to do
                    to detect missing drives. Let me know what it does, as we will
                    likely ship TealAuto2 after getting this solved.

                    -tex

                    > --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi All.
                    > >
                    > > TEALAUTO 2.0
                    > >
                    > > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it
                    and
                    > > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
                    > >
                    > > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
                    > >
                    > > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
                    > > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
                    > > test page:
                    > >
                    > > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
                    > >
                    > > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
                    > > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
                    > > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
                    > >
                    > > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
                    > > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be
                    > it
                    > > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to
                    run
                    > > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives
                    you
                    > > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
                    > > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
                    > > make the synching automatic.
                    > >
                    > > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
                    > >
                    > > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and
                    TealSafe
                    > > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
                    > > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions
                    support
                    > > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM
                    > still
                    > > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but
                    > TealAuto
                    > > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be
                    > compatible
                    > > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > >
                    > > -tex

                  • Emmett Simpson
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 28, 2008
                      Tex,

                      The message was the Exception Processing message, however Beta29
                      seems to have fixed it. No error messages at all, I tried all the
                      selections that used to cause the error message. It appears to be
                      fixed!

                      Thanks

                      Emmett

                    • Emmett Simpson
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 29, 2008
                        Tex,

                        In an earlier post I listed these items that I found in the TealAuto
                        Windows Desktop beta. I think these may have gotten lost in my error
                        message issue.

                        The Window version does not respond to the page down or page up keys.
                        It only moves the
                        highlighted line up or down instead of the page. Clicking on the
                        scroll arrows does do page scrolling. Holding down on the mouse
                        button on the scroll arrow does not however do multiple scrolls you

                      • tealtex
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                          Hi.

                          <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:
                          > The Window version does not respond to the page down or page up
                          keys.
                          > It only moves the
                          > highlighted line up or down instead of the page. Clicking on the

                          This is because there is no equivalent to the page up/dn buttons in
                          PalmOS, so the UI library doesn't have any special code for them and
                          just treats them like arrow keys. It makes sense to have them scroll
                          a list if the list is highlighted, however, so I'll see if we can
                          make this change.

                          > Also if I bring up the Windows version non-maximized and then
                          > maximize the window the displayed data does not expand to fit the
                          new
                          > window size. If I select a new display like services and then go
                          > back to fueling the window is filled and I can minimize or drag and
                          > change window size without any display problem.

                          I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here. Can you be more
                          specific? What do you mean by "data" and "expand"? Are you talking
                          about information in a list, and if so, what screen and what data,
                          and how is it displayed? Or instead are you talking about the entire
                          window not recalculating and redrawing graphically when the window is
                          expanded? Lastly, are you talking about expansion vertically,
                          horizontally, or both?

                          In some screens, text is wrapped or truncated to fit the control so
                          it won't automatically recalculate when the window is resized, but in
                          others more text exists to begin with, so it can be shown if the
                          window is changed.

                          -tex
                        • Emmett Simpson
                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                            Tex,

                            When I launch TealAuto Windows Desktop it always comes up non-
                            maximized, even if I maximize and close it maximized. If after it
                            comes up I go to the fueling window I will see lines of fueling
                            information that fills the size of the window. If I use the mouse to
                            grab the lower right window corner and enlarge the window vertically,
                            the window does not re-paint the number of rows needed to fill the
                            enlarged window. This is also true if I click on the maximize
                            button. The window expands but the number of rows of fueling
                            information stay the same. The main issue is the number of rows not
                            the width.

                            I just tried something. I made the window smaller vertically then
                            scrolled so that the last line of fueling was visible at the bottom
                            of the window. Then I drug the window larger vertically and the
                            fueling lines remained where they were, with blank space below them.
                            It appears that resizing the window does not cause a recalculation
                            and repainting of the lines that can be displayed.

                            --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

                            > Hi.
                            >
                            > --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Emmett Simpson"
                            > <emmett_simpson@> wrote:
                            > > The Window version does not respond to the page down or page up
                            > keys.
                            > > It only moves the
                            > > highlighted line up or down instead of the page. Clicking on the
                            >
                            > This is because there is no equivalent to the page up/dn buttons in
                            > PalmOS, so the UI library doesn't have any special code for them
                            and
                            > just treats them like arrow keys. It makes sense to have them
                            scroll
                            > a list if the list is highlighted, however, so I'll see if we can
                            > make this change.
                            >
                            > > Also if I bring up the Windows version non-maximized and then
                            > > maximize the window the displayed data does not expand to fit the
                            > new
                            > > window size. If I select a new display like services and then go
                            > > back to fueling the window is filled and I can minimize or drag
                            and
                            > > change window size without any display problem.
                            >
                            > I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here. Can you be more
                            > specific? What do you mean by "data" and "expand"? Are you
                            talking
                            > about information in a list, and if so, what screen and what data,
                            > and how is it displayed? Or instead are you talking about the
                            entire
                            > window not recalculating and redrawing graphically when the window
                            is
                            > expanded? Lastly, are you talking about expansion vertically,
                            > horizontally, or both?
                            >
                            > In some screens, text is wrapped or truncated to fit the control so
                            > it won't automatically recalculate when the window is resized, but
                            in
                            > others more text exists to begin with, so it can be shown if the
                            > window is changed.
                            >
                            > -tex

                          • tealtex
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                              I'm still confused. When you talk about the "window" not repainting,
                              what do you mean? Are really just talking just about the "detail
                              list" to the left? If so, what does the rest of the window do? Do
                              the other on screen controls resize to the window resizing?

                              Also, what happens if you try to scroll the list after resizing?

                              Lastly, what version are you running?

                              <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              more
                              > > specific? What do you mean by "data" and "expand"? Are you
                              > talking
                              > > about information in a list, and if so, what screen and what
                              data,
                              > > and how is it displayed? Or instead are you talking about the
                              > entire
                              > > window not recalculating and redrawing graphically when the
                              window
                              > is
                              > > expanded? Lastly, are you talking about expansion vertically,
                              > > horizontally, or both?
                              > >
                              > > In some screens, text is wrapped or truncated to fit the control
                              so
                              > > it won't automatically recalculate when the window is resized,
                              but
                              > in
                              > > others more text exists to begin with, so it can be shown if the

                            • Emmett Simpson
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                                Tex,

                                I am sorry, I must be having a bad communication day! Also must be
                                having a bad Yahoo day. My last reply seems not to have been posted.

                                The only part of the window having an issue is the "detail list", the
                                other window elements are fine when the window is resized. When I
                                expand the window vertically so that the detail list area goes below
                                the last detail list row the list does not automatically scroll to
                                the bottom to fill the empty expanded area.

                                I can use the up scroll arrow and scroll the list to fill the
                                expanded window.

                                I am running version 2.00.00.

                                I hope this makes sense.

                                Emmett

                              • tealtex
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                                  > other window elements are fine when the window is resized. When I
                                  > expand the window vertically so that the detail list area goes
                                  below
                                  > the last detail list row the list does not automatically scroll to
                                  > the bottom to fill the empty expanded area.

                                  Okay. That makes much more sense and is not unexpected. It's not a
                                  redraw problem or even a bug; the list position is stored as the
                                  offset of the first list item, so it isn't supposed to change
                                  scrolling value in response to the window resizing. This is a pretty
                                  easy improvement to make, however, so I'll put it on the list for a
                                  quick update.

                                  <emmett_simpson@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  > the
                                  > > > enlarged window. This is also true if I click on the maximize
                                  > > > button. The window expands but the number of rows of fueling
                                  > > > information stay the same. The main issue is the number of
                                  rows
                                  > > not
                                  > > > the width.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I just tried something. I made the window smaller vertically
                                  > then
                                  > > > scrolled so that the last line of fueling was visible at the
                                  > bottom
                                  > > > of the window. Then I drug the window larger vertically and
                                  the
                                  > > > fueling lines remained where they were, with blank space below
                                  > > them.
                                  > > > It appears that resizing the window does not cause a
                                  > recalculation
                                  > > > and repainting of the lines that can be displayed.

                                • Emmett Simpson
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Oct 30, 2008
                                    Tex,

                                    Just realized that the Palm has exactly the same behavior. Maybe
                                    well enough should be left alone. If you change the Windows
                                    application you will certainly get a request to have the Palm changed
                                    too. This could end up being a nightmare for you!

                                  • tealtex
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Oct 31, 2008
                                      Actually, now that I know what it is, it's pretty simple to fix. Try
                                      2.00.01 (both Palm and Windows).

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 1, 2008
                                        Tex,

                                        I downloaded both (Palm and Windows) and they appear to solve the issue
                                        I reported. Looks really good! Thanks!!

                                        One other observation. When I download the Windows application I
                                        normally put it in a directory and rename it so that I know the
                                        version. For instance I downloaded Windows 2.00.01 and renamed it
                                        tealauto20001.exe. Apparently the directory created by the Windows
                                        version in the "My Documents" directory is based upon the executable
                                        name. I tried some experimenting! It also causes all of my
                                        preferences to be lost when the new directory is created. Is there
                                        anyway that the directory name created by the Windows version can be
                                        controlled within the executable? If others do as I do and rename the
                                        executable they may not understand where all of their preferences have
                                        gone. The Palm sync followed by the hotsync of course rebuilds all of
                                        the data.

                                        Thanks again for the quick fix!!

                                        Emmett

                                        --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                        > Actually, now that I know what it is, it's pretty simple to fix. Try
                                        > 2.00.01 (both Palm and Windows).
                                        >
                                        > -tex
                                        >
                                        > --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Emmett Simpson" <emmett_simpson@>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Tex,
                                        > >
                                        > > Just realized that the Palm has exactly the same behavior. Maybe
                                        > > well enough should be left alone. If you change the Windows
                                        > > application you will certainly get a request to have the Palm
                                        changed
                                        > > too. This could end up being a nightmare for you!

                                      • junkroopchan
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 3, 2009
                                          I tested TealAuto on my HTC Touch Pro with WM6 VGA 480x640 screen, and
                                          it is REALLY tiny and slow. The text is hard to read and there is
                                          constant reloading of the graphics whenever I change anything or add
                                          an entry. It is annoyingly slow. This phone is supposed to have one of
                                          the fastest processors in phones now, and it is really slow. Have you
                                          tested it with VGA screen size?

                                          --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, tealtex <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi All.
                                          >
                                          > TEALAUTO 2.0
                                          >
                                          > TealAuto2 is quickly approaching completion, so please check it and
                                          > get us any additional feedback. Thanks!
                                          >
                                          > TEALAUTO DESKTOP, TEALSAFE DESKTOP, TEALTRACKER DESKTOP
                                          >
                                          > Yes, you've asked for these; we've posted new Windows Desktop
                                          > counterparts to TealAuto, TealSafe, and TealTracker onto the beta
                                          > test page:
                                          >
                                          > www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
                                          >
                                          > These are standalone applications that you can run on the Desktop
                                          > that can also share data with your handheld versions by manually
                                          > synching data either through the Palm Desktop or via an SD card.
                                          >
                                          > Instructions for synching are coming to the product manuals, but
                                          > basically synching transfers data to and from a common medium, be it
                                          > the Palm Desktop folders or an SD card. This means you have to run
                                          > a "sync" on both devices, but the system is flexible and gives you a
                                          > manual ability to override choices when conflicts occur. You can
                                          > setup automatic syncing upon starting and exiting each program to
                                          > make the synching automatic.
                                          >
                                          > WINDOWS MOBILE ADDITIONS
                                          >
                                          > The windows mobile versions of TealAuto, TealTracker, and TealSafe
                                          > have also been updated. In addition to gaining SD card sync
                                          > capability (sorry WM doesn't use HotSync), the new versions support a
                                          > user-selectable font size. Some screens in TealTracker for WM still
                                          > need to be tweaked to layout ok with larger font sizes, but TealAuto
                                          > and TealSafe look good. The largest font sizes may not be compatible
                                          > with WM phones that have very small screens, however.
                                          >
                                          > Thanks,
                                          >
                                          > -tex

                                        • tealtex
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 10, 2009
                                            Try the latest beta (2.10.01).

                                            While the Touch Pro has a pretty fast processor (as opposed to the
                                            pokey Touch), it's still pushing around 4 times as many pixels with a
                                            slower processor than the iPAQ I've been testing on, and doing so with
                                            a lot of Windows Mobile overhead.

                                            We added some code in this beta to bypass some of the awful display
                                            overhead that Windows Mobile adds, which also might be worse on the
                                            HTC Touch Pro for some reason.

                                            You can change the font display size in the Display Prefs screen, but
                                            we even boosted it up an additional 25% on top of this in this beta if
                                            a VGA size display is detected.

                                            -tex