Sudoku Addict 0.90 up on Beta Page

  • tealtex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2005
      Announcing Sudoku Addict

      What do the Spice Girls, Benny Hill, and Sudoku have in common? Yes,
      they're all imports from across the pond that leave you scratching
      your head. Sudoku, meaning "single number" in Japanese (so we're
      told) is the puzzle craze that has supplanted crossword puzzles in
      newspapers across the UK and Japan alike. Now you can get it on your
      Palm with our addictive new product Sudoku Addict.

      So please try it and get in touch with our UK brethren. It's cheaper
      than Ren Fair and doesn't require you walk around in a cape and
      floppy hat that went out of fashion, oh, some 500 years ago.

      This new beta release has just been completed and has not been
      tested on many devices, but the ones that have saw some pretty heavy
      use. As always, please let us know what you think and find.

      thanks,

      -tex
    • Peter Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2005
        I've been trying out Sudoku Addict and am having fun with it; however,
        I'm wondering if some additional features could be added:

        1: Undo
        If a mistake gets made it can be challenging backtracking to where
        you DID go wrong.

        2: Check mode
        Right now, the only way I've found to tell whether or not I'm on
        the right track is to do a SOLVE; if SOLVE says unsolvable, then I can
        assume I goofed.

        Peter
      • tealtex
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
          Excellent!

          Would anybody consider an "undo" or a "check" mode a cheat though?
          Maybe a penalty for one or the other?

          -tex

          --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, Peter Thomas <peterjt+yahoo@g...>