TealPhone - Dialing Addl #s

  • Tom Stack
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Did not see this in search so I apologize if I missed it. I have a Treo
      650 using Cingular (GSM). I have a contact where I dial the main number
      then have to dial an extension e.g. 1-415-123-3456 then when the
      recording comes on 5#. Is there a way to do this automatically. I have
      tried commas- nothing happens - inserted p(s) and phone hangs.
      Also are you considering being able to find a contact by first initial
      of first name than last like the Palm address book app.
      Thanks
    • tealtex
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        --- In tealtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Stack" <tomstack@p...> wrote:
        > Did not see this in search so I apologize if I missed it. I have a
        Treo
        > 650 using Cingular (GSM). I have a contact where I dial the main
        number
        > then have to dial an extension e.g. 1-415-123-3456 then when the
        > recording comes on 5#. Is there a way to do this automatically. I
        have
        > tried commas- nothing happens - inserted p(s) and phone hangs.
        > Also are you considering being able to find a contact by first
        initial
        > of first name than last like the Palm address book app.

        Unfortunately, this is probably up to the phone driver software. When
        we dial a number, we can only send a string of characters to the phone
        driver. It's up to the phone to interpret them. I don't know if the
        Palm telephony api has anything for sending touch tones after the call
        is made; afaik it just has a function to dial a specified number.
      • Tom Stack
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          On further analysis this only works on favorites on the Treo 650 -
          not in the general address book.