This new hand-painted literacy bag contains 8 teacher-created, original activities designed to go along with Jan Brett s classic tale The Mitten. All
Message 1 of 1
, Dec 1, 2009
This new hand-painted literacy bag contains 8 teacher-created, original activities designed to go along with Jan Brett's classic tale The Mitten. All activities are printed on cardstock, laminated and cut out for you. On sale through Dec. 12 for just $16.25 (regularly $19.99) plus $5.50 shipping. Paypal, checks and MOs accepted. Please email me directly if interested. pics: http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/b8tes2/MItten/
1. Mitten Months--Place the mittens with the months on them in the correct order.
2. Mitten Match--Match the color word mitten with the correct color mitten.
3. Mitten Math--Solve the addition problems written on the mittens.
4. Story sequencing--Put the animal words in the correct order of how they crawled into the mitten. (If you would like to use the animals, you can find and print them on Jan Brett’s website and use the words and animals as a atching activity.)
5. Tracks in the snow--Using the animals tracks page, follow the tracks to see what animal made them. You can use the marker or your finger to follow the tracks.
6. Inside the Mitten--Complete the writing activity describing what it would be like to be inside the mitten
7. Mittens and More
Winter Clothes Graph--Graph the pictures of the winter clothes.
8. Mitten Glyph--Follow the instructions to create your own special mitten. When you have finished, give your mitten and the page to another person to see if they can tell you what your chose. Read ALL the instructions before starting.
9. Activity Letter--Explaining how to do each activity
Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.