Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail.
We would appreciate your assistance in distributing this call for papers
to your colleagues.
All the details about the conference can be found at:
All the details about the conference related events can be found at:
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOFTWARE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER
Tentative date: October 09-12, 2001
Location: Split, Dubrovnik (Croatia); Ancona, Bari (Italy)
* IEEE COMSOC TC of Communications Software and
TC of Communication Switching and Routing (Technical Cosponsor)
* Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Croatia
* University of Split
The 9th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications
and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2001), co-sponsored by the
IEEE Communication Society (COMSOC), will be held aboard the
ship "Marko Polo" traveling on the route Split (Croatia) - Ancona (Italy)
- Bari (Italy) - Dubrovnik (Croatia).
SoftCOM 2001 provides an open forum for communication technology
and engineers to discuss new and emerging systems, standards and services,
and their applications in telecommunication and information systems.
The Conference will feature world-known plenary speakers, tutorial
presentations and several workshops.
Each day of the conference the ship will be anchored in one of the ports
on the route, and overnight it will sail towards the next destination.
This provides participants with the opportunity to share ideas in close
contact with their colleagues and to enjoy the pleasant and inspiring
ambience while visiting the ports along the beautiful Adriatic coast.
During the conference the car deck will serve as an exhibition arena for
exhibitors of software and telecommunication products.
Topics to be addressed include, but are not limited to the following:
* Telecommunication Software Production, Tools, Evaluation and
* Object and Component Technologies in Telecommunication Software
* Network Management, Control and Maintenance
* Telecommunication Services Design and QoS
* Internet Environments and Services
* IP Based Networks and Services
* High-Speed Protocols and Networks
* Wireless Communications
* Enterprise Networking
* Multimedia Systems and Services
* Computer Telephone Integration
* Information Security
* AI and Recognition Methods
* Virtual Environments
* Computer Methods in Biomedicine
* Electromagnetic Compatibility
Feature Topic: Bluetooth and Personal Area Networks
In addition to general technical topics, this year,
the prospective authors are cordially invited to submit
tutorial or survey papers on present state and future developments in
Bluetooth, Personal Area Networks and Wireless LANs.
Juraj Buzolic, Croatian Telecom, Croatia
International Program Committee
Co-Chairs: Nikola Rozic, Dinko Begusic, University of Split, Croatia
Horst Besier, Deutsche Telekom, Germany
Branko Burmaz (Vice Chair), Croatian Telecom, Croatia
Antun Caric, Ericsson - Nikola Tesla, Croatia
Francis Grenez, University of Bruxelles, Belgium
Gorazd Kandus, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
Ignac Lovrek, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Gottfried Luderer (Vice Chair), Arizona State University, USA
Andrej Ljolje, AT&T, USA
Ivan Mijacika, Ericsson - Nikola Tesla, Croatia
Miljenko Mikuc, University of Zagreb, Croatia
James F. Mollenauer, Technical Strategy Assoc., USA
Stan Moyer, Telcordia, USA
Algirdas Pakstas, University of North London, UK
Nikola Pavesic, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Branko Soucek, Iris, Italy
Zarko Sutlar, Croatian Telecom, Croatia
Rob Walters, Satin Information Services, UK
Krzysztof Wesolowski, University of Poznan, Poland
SoftCOM 2001 will feature general conference and the following:
* Workshop on Software Engineering in Telecommunications
* Workshop on Database Technologies at the Beginning of New Millennium
* Workshop on Mind Brain Networks
* Workshop on Component-Based Active Simulation Networks
* Special Session on EMC in Communication Systems
Gottfried Luderer, Arizona State University, USA (luderer@...
Hrvoje Dujmic, University of Split, Croatia, (softcom@...
Complete Manuscript Due: July 01, 2001
Notification of Acceptance: September 01, 2001
Camera-Ready Manuscript Due: September 15, 2001
AUTHOR KIT AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Please check the details at the http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM