INFOCOM 2001 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

  • Andreas Pitsillides
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      !!! OUR APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE COPIES !!!

      C A L L F O R P A R T I C I P A T I O N
      I E E E I N F O C O M 2 0 0 1

      http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001

      April 22-26, 2001 - Anchorage, Alaska

      You are invited to join IEEE INFOCOM 2001, the major conference on
      computer communications and networking. IEEE INFOCOM is celebrating
      its 20th anniversary in the splendid setting of Anchorage, Alaska,
      during the week of April 22-26, 2001. This unique event will feature a
      top quality technical program as well as an equally remarkable social
      program.
      Check the conference web site (http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001) to
      get details on the technical and social program, travel grants and
      registration. Here are some of the highlights:

      TECHNICAL SESSIONS:
      48 technical sessions featuring the latest research and trends in the
      field of computer communications and netwroking.

      TUTORIALS:
      Wireless Home Networks: Technologies and Applications
      Quality of Service (QoS) Support for Broadband Wireless Networks
      Traffic Engineering in IP/MPLS Networks
      TCP Congestion Controls: Algorithms and Models
      Video Over IP
      Bluetooth and Pervasive Wireless Networking
      Control and Management for Optical Networks: An IP-Centric Approach
      Principles of Multicast Protocols and Services

      PANELS:
      All-Optical Networks: Fact or Fiction
      Next Generation Wireless Networks: Radio, Networking and Applications
      Modeling of the Shrew: the Quest for a "Model" Network Model

      TRAVEL GRANTS: Travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior
      faculty presenting a paper in the conference is available. Application
      deadline is Jan 15, 2001

      CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: The deadline for advance registration
      is April 2, 2001. On-line registration is possible. Your dinner code is
      530T.
      Enter this code while registering and you may be a lucky winner of a
      $100 dinner at INFOCOM 2001.

      TOURS: Several tours of Alaska's natural treasures are planned.

      HOTEL REGISTRATION: On-line registration is possible. Please book early
      to get a room at the Hilton.