protocol theology discussion mailing list

  • Ian Heavens
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      Excuse me if this is somewhat off-topic (is the end2-end list still
      in use? Perhaps someone could post it there), but I've started the
      following mailing list:

      protocol-theology@...

      Charter: to discuss the pros and cons of good protocol design,
      with reference to their origins and development (XNS, SNA, OSI,
      TCP/IP, SS7, etc.). Starting point: the reissue of Michael
      Padlipsky's 1985 treatise on the subject, "The Elements
      of Networking Style" ($19.95)
      http://www.iuniverse.com/marketplace/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0%2D595%2D08879%2D1).

      cheers
      ian

      --
      Ian Heavens, Spider Software Ltd., http://www.spider.com/
      8 John's Place, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 7EL.