Re: Question regarding direction TCP/IP development

  • Sally Floyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      > Would anyone be able to give me a good feel for what
      >direction TCP/IP will take with respect to congestion
      >control?

      You could look at my viewgraphs from a talk last year on
      "On the Evolution of End-to-end Congestion Control in the Internet: An
      idiosyncratic View", from October 1999, or an earlier talk on
      "On the Evolution of End-to-end Congestion Control in the Internet"
      from April 1999. The viewgraphs are pointed-to on my web page at
      "http://www.aciri.org/floyd/talks.html".

      The section on pages 18-27, from the October talk, mentions briefly
      some of the changes in progress, such as ECN, and the section
      beginning on page 28 talks about some of the different views for
      the long-term evolution of end-to-end congestion control.
      (This is elaborated on in the viewgraphs from the April talk.)

      - Sally
      http://www.aciri.org/floyd/