INFOCOM 2000 Call For Papers

  • Fred Bauer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
      INFOCOM 2000 CALL FOR PAPERS

      IEEE Infocom 2000

      (Israel) http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
      (U.S.A.) http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
      (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom
      (general) http://www.comsoc.org/confs/infocom

      Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
      March 26-30, 2000

      Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

      * *
      * PAPER SUBMISSION ENDS ON JULY 1, 1999 *
      * *
      * Submission deadlines are strict! *
      * *
      * To avoid last minute problems, *
      * authors are encouraged to submit *
      * their papers well in advance of the *
      * deadline. *
      * *

      SCOPE
      =====

      For the last 18 years, Infocom has been the major conference on computer
      communications and networking, bringing together researchers and
      implementors of every aspect of data communications and networks
      presenting the most up-to-date results and achievements in the field.

      The 19th annual conference on Computer Communications, Infocom 2000,
      will be held at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel-Aviv, Israel, during the
      week of March 26-30, 2000. The conference is sponsored by the technical
      committees on computer communications of the IEEE Communications and
      Computers Societies.

      The Infocom 2000 organizing committee is soliciting original papers
      describing state-of-the-art research and development in all areas of
      computer networking and data communications. Topics of interest include,
      but are not limited to, the following:

      Active Networks Network Management and Control
      BISDN and ATM Network Reliability
      Billing and Pricing Network Restoration
      Congestion and Admission Control Network Signaling
      Distributed Network Algorithms Network Standards
      High-Speed Network Protocols Network and Protocol Performance
      Integrated Control of Networks Optical Networks
      Intelligent Networks Personal Communications Systems
      Internet Photonic Switching
      Internetworking Protocol Design and Analysis
      Lightwave Networks Quality of Service
      Mobility Routing and Routing Protocols
      Multicast/Broadcast Algorithms Security and Privacy
      Multimedia Protocols Switch Architectures
      Multimedia Terminals and Systems Testbeds and Measurements
      Multiple Access Traffic Management and Control
      Network Architectures Video Networking
      Network Design and Planning Wireless Networks and Protocols

      PAPER SUBMISSION
      ================

      Papers must be submitted electronically in the manner and format
      detailed below. Authors for whom this presents a severe problem should
      contact one of the technical program committee co-chairs to discuss
      alternatives.

      Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE standard format except
      for the font size, which must be 11pt. To make it easy to adhere to the
      formatting standard we offer templates and samples for LaTex, MSWord,
      and FrameMaker (consult at the web pages referenced on top of this
      message).

      Submission must be in PDF. However, the committee will also accept
      Postscript from Latex, FrameMaker, or MSWord source file. Postscript
      papers must use only standard PostScript fonts: Times Roman, Courier,
      Symbol, and Helvetica. (Postscript output from MSWord typically does
      not work on non-Microsoft platforms. The use of the Apple LaserWriter
      II printer driver is strongly recommended). The above formatted papers
      can be submitted in a compressed form (gzip, zip, compress).

      Because of the size limitation on the final manuscript, and to ensure
      that the reviewed paper and the final version have a similar size,
      |papers with more than 11 pages will not be reviewed|
      (this is roughly equivalent to 20 double-spaced pages).

      Papers must be submitted electronically using the Web site at
      <http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/edas/infocom2000>. This web page
      contains exact and detailed instructions. The submission process
      includes providing detailed contact information. To save space authors
      can omit this information from the paper itself. Authors will receive
      an immediate notification of the successful receipt of the file
      containing their paper. Subsequently, a formal notification will be
      sent after verifying that the paper can be printed successfully.

      |Submissions will only be accepted until July 1st, 1999.|

      Submission deadlines are strict! Papers that have been improperly
      submitted or improperly formatted by the submission date will not be
      considered. To avoid last minute problems, authors are encouraged to
      submit their papers well in advance of the deadline.

      THE REVIEW PROCESS
      ==================

      Each paper will typically be reviewed by three independent reviewers,
      whose reviews will be relayed to the corresponding author. To
      facilitate the review process authors will be asked to classify the
      paper according to a list of categories so that the most appropriate
      reviewers handle the paper. This year a new step will be introduced
      into the process whereby authors will have a chance to provide a
      limited rebuttal on the reviews before the program committee makes its
      final decision.

      TRAVEL GRANTS
      =============

      Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty for
      defraying some of the costs of presenting a paper in the conference
      will be available. Please refer to the conference web sites for
      further details later this year.

      IMPORTANT DATES
      ===============

      Complete paper due April 1 - July 1, 1999
      Notification of acceptance October 31, 1999
      Final version due December 3, 1999

      PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS [infocom@...]
      ===========================

      Raphael Rom, Technion, Israel
      Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA
    • Fred Bauer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 1999

        INFOCOM 2000 LAST CALL FOR PAPERS

[...]

        Complete paper due July 1, 1999

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 1999
          INFOCOM 2000

          Since the distribution of papers to TPC members has been postponed to
          July 6, 1999, the program committee of Infocom 2000 has decided
          to postpone the deadline for submitting papers to the
          conference until
          July 5 (23:59 EDT), 1999.

          INFOCOM 2000 LAST CALL FOR PAPERS

          IEEE Infocom 2000

          (Israel) http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
          (U.S.A.) http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
          (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom
          (general) http://www.comsoc.org/confs/infocom

          Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
          March 26-30, 2000

          Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

          * *
          * PAPER SUBMISSION ENDS ON JULY 5, 1999 *
          * *
          * No extensions beyond this date *
          * will be granted. *
          * *
[...]

          Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE standard double-column
[...]

          includes providing detailed contact information. Authors
          may omit this information from the paper itself. Authors will receive
          an immediate notification of the successful receipt of the file
          containing their paper. Subsequently, a notification will be
          sent if the paper cannot be printed successfully.

          |Submissions will only be accepted until July 5th, 1999.|

[...]

          Complete paper due July 5, 1999

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
            CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
            | |
            | ### # # ####### ####### ##### ####### # # |
            | # ## # # # # # # # # ## ## |
            | # # # # # # # # # # # # # # |
            | # # # # ##### # # # # # # # # |
            | # # # # # # # # # # # # |
            | # # ## # # # # # # # # # |
            | ### # # # ####### ##### ####### # # |
            | |
            | |
            \ ##### ### ### ### /
            \ # # # # # # # # /
            \ # # # # # # # /
            \ ##### # # # # # # /
            \ # # # # # # # /
            \ # # # # # # # /
            \ ####### ### ### ### /
            \ /

            IEEE Infocom 2000
            (Israel) http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
            (U.S.A.) http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
            (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom

            Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
            March 26-30, 2000

            Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

            VENUE
            =====

            For the last 18 years, Infocom has been the major conference on computer
            communications and networking, bringing together researchers and
            implementors of every aspect of data communications and networks
            presenting the most up-to-date results and achievements in the field.

            The 19th annual conference on Computer Communications, Infocom 2000,
            will be held at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel-Aviv, Israel, during the
            week of March 26-30, 2000. Overlooking the Mediterranean, the Dan
            Panorama Tel Aviv is a city hotel in a resort setting. Just a few steps
            away are fine shops, theaters, restaurants and the corporate world of
            Tel Aviv, contrasted by the ancient port city of Jaffa with its
            picturesque corners and flea markets for bargain hunters. The hotel
            features a large swimming pool, beach access and a fully equipped
            health & fitness center including dry sauna, jacuzzi, and massage
            services.

            IMPORTANT DATES
            ===============

            Hotel reservation cut-off date* January 24, 2000
            Early registration cut-off date March 1, 2000
            Tutorials March 26-27, 2000
            Conference March 28-30, 2000

            * Israel is expected to be crowded with tourists during the year 2000.
            Furthermore, the Pope is scheduled to visit Israel the week before
            the conference. Hence, it is advised to make hotel reservations for
            the conference as soon as possible.

            HOTEL RATES
            ===========

            Double Occupancy $157.50
            Single Occupancy $139.00

            Rates are per room per night and include full Israeli buffet breakfast.
            The rates also include all taxes for non-israelis.
            For more details consult the web pages.

            REGISTRATION FEES
            =================

            Registration fees for an IEEE member prior to March 1, 2000 will be $500
            and it will include all technical sessions, open receptions, proceedings
            (CD) and three lunches. For other fees consult the web pages.
            -------------

            SCOPE
            =====

            Original papers and panel discussions describing state-of-the-art
            research and development in all areas of computer networking and data
            communications will be presented. Topics of interest include:

            Active Networks Network Management and Control
            BISDN and ATM Network Reliability
            Billing and Pricing Network Restoration
            Congestion and Admission Control Network Signaling
            Distributed Network Algorithms Network Standards
            High-Speed Network Protocols Network and Protocol Performance
            Integrated Control of Networks Optical Networks
            Intelligent Networks Personal Communications Systems
            Internet Photonic Switching
            Internetworking Protocol Design and Analysis
            Lightwave Networks Quality of Service
            Mobility Routing and Routing Protocols
            Multicast/Broadcast Algorithms Security and Privacy
            Multimedia Protocols Switch Architectures
            Multimedia Terminals and Systems Testbeds and Measurements
            Multiple Access Traffic Management and Control
            Network Architectures Video Networking
            Network Design and Planning Wireless Networks and Protocols

            KEYNOTE SPEAKER
            ===============

            Prof. Leonard Kleinrock, Chairman, Nomadix, Inc.

            TUTORIALS
            =========

            Full Day
            --------
            - Wavelength-routing optical networks (Kumar Sivarajan, Indian Institute
            of Science)
            - The evolution of QoS in the Internet standards community (Jon Crowcroft,
            University College London)
            - Overview of network security (Radia Perlman, Sun Microsystems)
            - Traffic management (Khosrow Sohraby, University of Missouri, Kansas City)

            Half Day
            --------
            - MPLS (Loa Anderson, Nortel Networks)
            - Advanced Ethernet technology (Donno Van-Mirop, IBM Israel)
            - Satellite IP networking (Catherine Rosenberg, Purdue University)
            - IP Multicast: past, present and future (Radia Perlman, Sun
            Microsystems & Christophe Diot, Sprint)
            - Mobile IP: adding mobility to the Internet (Charles Perkins, Nokia Research)

            TRAVEL GRANTS

            Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty for
            defraying some of the costs of presenting a paper in the conference
            will be available. Please refer to the conference web sites for
            further details later this year.

            QUESTIONS?

            Write to
            infocom@...]