Re: old TCP options

  • braden@ISI.EDU
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1998
      *>
      *> > I don't recognized NAK (see list below, taken from the IANA page).
      *>
      *> NAK was defined in 1106, along with "Big Windows," an alternative to
      *> 1072's original Window Scale Option.
      *>
      *> I know RFC 1106 is dead, but am wondering if these (and any of the other
      *> "non-standard") options are seen much. Has anybody ever done much with
      *> any of them (like maybe Tandem, the employer of 1106's author)?
      *>
      *> --
      *> Eric A. Hall ehall@...
      *> +1-650-685-0557 http://www.ehsco.com
      *>
      Hmmm, curious. RFC 1106 does not even appear in the pantheon
      of IETF protocols (RFC 2400); it does not seem to exist at all.
      There is no evidence that any option codes were ever assigned.
      to it, so implementation seems unlikely.

      Bob