Re: Is it really exponential?

  • Mark Allman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 1998
      > Any reason why it shouldnt be done this way?

      Oh, so the last message was with my research hat on... I should
      also use my IETF hat and point out that byte counting should not be
      used during slow start because the spec (2001, 2001.bis)
      intentionally does not allow it. The feeling is that this change
      makes TCP more aggressive and we need to study and understand this
      change before we unleash it on the network.

      allman