Re: status of T/TCP

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 17, 1998
      > Are you saying that a T/TCP client actually *breaks* a TCP that
      > "implements RFC793 to the letter"? I thought T/TCP was fully backward
      > compatible with strictly correct TCPs. Could you explain further?
      > [This might actually be an sub-issue the is RELEVANT to this mailing
      > list!]

      Im not sure if its a bug or a feature. T/TCP isnt arguably compliant to
      RFC793 since it sends data into a window that has not been advertised
      and is closed. Thats pretty much pedantry.

      What I do know is if I make a T/TCP connection to boxes using older
      versions of KA9Q NOS the connection dies. It doesnt do a nice

      syn+data+fin
      syn|ack (ack no data)
      ack
      [normal tcp]