2631NETWORK AND INFO SYSTEMS SECURITY TRAINING CONFERENCE - WASH DC, 16 JULY 2001
- Jul 6, 2001To: TCP-IMPL@...
NEW SPEAKERS ADDED
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR MANAGER OF SYSTEMS SECURITY AND SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES GROUP.
Market*Access International is proud to present ....
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY - TRAINING CONFERENCE
AGENCY INTRUSION DETECTION REQUIREMENTS and TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Date: July 16, 2001
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue
Time: 7:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
Program Starts: 8:30 AM
Wrap-up: 4:15 PM
About this Conference:
As government becomes more dependent on e-business, databases, information storehouses, mission critical information storage and information sharing, new risks are posed. These risks may come from student hackers, foreign governments or foreign military, terrorist organizations or even internal users.
With the new e-Government applications and communications, computer security has emerged as a top issue and challenge. This conference will highlight the risks, opportunities and innovative management and technical approaches to the detection and response to unauthorized intrusions into agency data. The conference will focus on business and military applications and agency plans and programs for securing these applications.
A highlight of this conference will be a section on AGENCY REQUIREMENTS AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES and strategies of coping with unauthorized attempts to compromise agency and DoD systems and data.
SPEAKERS WILL REPRESENT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES/COMPANIES:
Navy NMCI � Mark Lavoie � Communications Officer, CDR, USNR PEO IT (Program Executive Office of Information Technology).
Department of Transportation - Bonnie Fisher � Director, TASC Millennium Solutions Center
National Science Foundation - Dara Murry � Director, ADP Security
FBI - James Burrell � Acting Unit Chief, Computer Investigation Unit
DARPA - Jim Webster � Manager, Information Assurance Office
GSA/FedCIRC - Larry Hale � Liaison Director, Federal Computer Incident Response Center
DOJ � TBD
DISA � TBD
Gartner � Keynote � TBD
Guardant � Robert Lee � Director, Senior Principal Consultant
Global Integrity - Errol Weiss, Bill Morgan
Verizon, Federal Network Systems - Char Sample �
Raytheon � Barton Abbott � Director, Information Assurance, Navy /USMC Intranet, Information Strike Force
Symantec - TBD
For more information on speakers and the conference agenda, please visit our web site at www.marketaccess.org.
Who should attend:
* Agency IT Executives, Managers, and Staff
* Agency Security Executives, Managers and Staff
* Agency information systems program managers
* Agency Telecommunications Executives, Managers and Staff
* Tele-work and Telecomm Directors, Managers, and Staff
* Functional area managers
* Systems integrators that support federal agency security requirements
* Hardware and software solutions providers
What you will learn:
* Agency plans, programs and priorities
* Successes and Lessons learned
* Innovative government intrusion detection security approaches and applications
* New technologies and strategies - what is on the drawing boards
* How the military approaches network security and intrusion detection
* Security of remote database management
* How to structure intrusion detection solutions
* Risks, sources of attacks... the internal risk
* Commercial and government best practices
.... others to be announced
* Department of Transportation
* INPUT Government
....other sponsors to be announced.
Please register early. The conference area has limited seating available and we anticipate a sell out.
Points of Contact:
* For technical support with this web site, please contact Mr. Parrish Knight, 703/807-2748
* For general information about this event, please contact Ms. Kristen Brooks, 703/807-2745
* For information on sponsorship opportunities & exhibitor arrangements, please contact Ms. Cara Lombardi at 703/807-2743
The registration fee for this important training conference is:
* Government Credit Card or Check in Advance: $395
* Government Training Forms/Invoice: $445
* Industry and Federal Contractors, Payment in Advance: $595
* Industry and Federal Contractors/Invoice: $645
We accept government training forms and government and commercial credit cards (VISA, MC, American Express).
 Phone: 703-807-2745 and speak with Ms. Kristen Brooks.
 Email: kbrooks@...
 Register online: Use our online booking form to register and pay by credit card electronically. To register, go to www.marketaccess.org.
 Fax: registration form to 301-652-0914.
 Mail: registration form to:
Market*Access International, Inc.
4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003
Arlington, VA 22203
Sponsorships Available! For sponsorship information, please contact:
4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone (703) 807-2743
Fax (703) 807-2728
If you wish to be REMOVED from this list, please REPLY and place REMOVE in the SUBJECT line.