ANNOUNCE: CORBA Explorer 1.0b1
- Primary Interface Corporation is pleased to announce the release of
CORBA Explorer version 1.0 beta.
CORBA is the acronym for Common Object Request Broker Architecture,
the Object Management Group's open, vendor-independent architecture and
infrastructure that computer applications use to work together over
Primary Interface CORBA Explorer is a set of powerful user interface tools
for the CORBA environment.
CORBA Explorer includes a Tcl extension which provides a full mapping of
the OMG Interface Definition Language (IDL) to the Tcl language. You can
access CORBA services from your scripts and implement CORBA objects in Tcl.
CORBA Explorer also includes Tk-based graphical user interfaces to interact
with the CORBA Name Service, CORBA Interface Repository, and with arbitrary
- Object Explorer - provides a graphical user interface to interact with
any CORBA object whose IDL interfaces are available in the CORBA
* View or modify object attributes and invoke operations with
arbitrarily complex parameters.
* Follow links to other objects returned as attribute values or
operation output parameters.
* Retrace your steps backward and forward.
- Interface Repository Explorer - provides a graphical user interface
to browse the contents of the CORBA Interface Repository, compile and
load IDL files, and search or interactively modify its contents.
- Name Service Explorer - provides a graphical user interface to the
CORBA Name Service.
* Object-oriented mapping of CORBA 2.3 IDL to Tcl
* Support for Objects by Value (OBV)
* Reflection of CORBA pseudo-objects
* Support for CORBA exception handling
* Servant skeleton mapping with IncrTcl
CORBA Explorer 1.0 beta is available for free evaluation on Windows NT 4.0
and Windows 2000.
For more details, and to download CORBA Explorer 1.0 beta, see
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Announcements archived at http://www.egroups.com/list/tcl_announce/
The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]