[tcl_announce] ANNOUNCE: ASED Tcl/Tk IDE 2.0

  • Andreas Sievers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      I herewith announce version 2.0b of ASED.

      ASED is a free comfortable Tcl/Tk-Editor written in pure Tcl/Tk using the
      BWidget Toolkit.

      First of all I want to thank Carsten Zerbst very much for providing his
      basic code browser and his support during adopting this to ASED. This was
      great! So thanks again.

      Unfortunately, I haven't got the time so far to write a documentation :-( I
      promise, I will do asap, but it will last another some weeks. I hope, most
      functions should be quite intuitiv, so people could enjoy ASED, even
      without documentation.

      CHANGES

      Version 2.0 dated 03/27/00

      -The new Code Browser shows you all proc, namespaces and even classes and
      methods etc. within a tree window

      - new Parser modul which supports namespaces as well as itcl�s classes,
      methods and so on
      - you can test your code via an eval server
      - while running your app via the eval server you can directly execute code
      within the running app
      - choose the wish you want to test your code with via the TEST menu
      - improved indentation, you can use ASED to beautify your code
      - graphical "grep" via EDIT/SEARCH IN FILES... menu
      - syntax menus for the editor and the code browser

      ASED is available via

      http://home.t-online.de/home/andreas.sievers/asedhome.htm

      Hope you enjoy ASED!

      Please report bugs or coments to

      andreas.sievers@...

      [[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
      Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
      Announcements archived at http://www.egroups.com/list/tcl_announce/
      The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]