[tcl_announce] ANNOUNCE: ASED Tcl/Tk IDE 2.0
- I herewith announce version 2.0b of ASED.
ASED is a free comfortable Tcl/Tk-Editor written in pure Tcl/Tk using the
First of all I want to thank Carsten Zerbst very much for providing his
basic code browser and his support during adopting this to ASED. This was
great! So thanks again.
Unfortunately, I haven't got the time so far to write a documentation :-( I
promise, I will do asap, but it will last another some weeks. I hope, most
functions should be quite intuitiv, so people could enjoy ASED, even
Version 2.0 dated 03/27/00
-The new Code Browser shows you all proc, namespaces and even classes and
methods etc. within a tree window
- new Parser modul which supports namespaces as well as itcl�s classes,
methods and so on
- you can test your code via an eval server
- while running your app via the eval server you can directly execute code
within the running app
- choose the wish you want to test your code with via the TEST menu
- improved indentation, you can use ASED to beautify your code
- graphical "grep" via EDIT/SEARCH IN FILES... menu
- syntax menus for the editor and the code browser
ASED is available via
Hope you enjoy ASED!
Please report bugs or coments to
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Announcements archived at http://www.egroups.com/list/tcl_announce/
The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]