[tcl_announce] Tcl_Gtk 0.02

  • Mark Patton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 1999
      Get the source at http://idt.net/~tmtr01/tcl_gtk.

      >From the README:

      This is pre-alpha software. If you don't feel like hacking
      a Makefile, go no further.

      Most widgets are wrapped with varying degrees of functionality.
      You can use tool/status to get exact info.
      Look in demo/ to see what it looks like and, yes, the demos
      are rather minimal at the moment.

      If you'd like to help, anyone is welcome, but I
      could particarily use people who are familiar with
      Gtk and/or writing Tcl extensions seeing as I started
      this as an exercise to learn both.

      It requires Tcl 8.2 and Gtk 1.2.x to compile.
      Edit the makefile in the src/ directory to point
      to the right places and type make.

      The shared lib "tcl_gtk.so" will be created. You
      can load it into a Tcl interpreter with "load /path/tcl_gtk.so Tcl_Gtk".
      All of the commands are defined in the ::gtk namespace.

      So a simple script to try might be:

      # begin script
      load src/tcl_gtk.so Tcl_Gtk

      set w [gtk::window new toplevel]
      gtk::window title $w Hello!
      gtk::widget usize $w 40 40

      set b [gtk::button new Hi]

      gtk::container add $w $b

      gtk::signal connect $b clicked {
      puts Hiya.
      }

      gtk::widget show $w $b
      vwait forever
      #end script

      Feedback is welcome. I'd like to know if people think
      such a beast as tcl_gtk would be useful. If no one is
      interested, developement is going to be slow. =)

      Send feedback to <mpatton@...>. Please put "tcl_gtk"
      somewhere in the subject line.

      [[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
      Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
      Announcements archived at http://www.findmail.com/list/tcl_announce/
      The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]