[tcl_announce] O'Reilly Open Source Convention and Tcl/Tk Conference

  • Brent Welch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 1999
      O'Reilly is sponsoring a large Open Source Convention that is an
      umbrella for several conferences. This is an expansion of their
      Perl conference to include parallel tracks for Perl, Linux, Apache,
      Python, sendmail, and Tcl/Tk. The event runs from August 21 to 24, 1999
      in Monterey California. General information about the conference
      can be found at the O'Reilly web site. These URLs are helpful:
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/tcl/
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/tcl/overview.html

      In order not to compete directly with the long running Tcl/Tk
      conference, the next of which is "Tcl/2K" in February, 2000, we have
      structured the conference around tutorials and invited talks. We are
      also planning a contest so attendees can show off their best Tcl
      programming skills in a variety of categories. A separate post will
      describe the contest in more detail.

      The tutorials run for 2 days, August 21 and 22 (Saturday and Sunday).
      They cover these topics:
      Introduction to Tcl/Tk
      Effective Tcl/Tk Programming
      Building Applications with BLT
      Object-Oriented Programming with Tcl/Tk
      C Programming with Tcl/Tk
      Database Programming with Tcl/Tk
      Web Scripting with Tcl
      For more information, please see
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/tcl/tuts_desc.html

      The invited talks run for 2 days, August 23 and 24 (Monday and Tuesday).
      Our speakers include:
      John Ousterhout
      Michael McLennan
      Don Libes
      Gerald Lester
      Mark Harrison
      Brent Welch
      Tony Darugar
      Ray Johnson
      In addition, there are convention-wide keynotes given by Guy Kowasaki
      and Bill Joy. For details, please see
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/tcl/conf_desc.html

      I hope you can plan to attend the Open Source Convention.
      I look forward to seeing you in Monterey this August!

      -- Brent Welch <welch@...>
      http://www.scriptics.com
      Scriptics: The Tcl Platform Company

      [[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
      Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
      Announcements archived at http://www.findmail.com/list/tcl_announce/
      The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/tcl_announce