Version 0.6 Beta 0 of the Tcl Windows API extension has been
released. Project home page, including documentation,
examples and download links, is at:
for a complete list
The Tcl Windows API (TWAPI) extension provides access to
over 300 functions in the Windows API from within the Tcl
scripting language. The extension targets the Windows NT
family (NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003),
and is not supported on the Windows 95/98/ME platforms.
Currently functions in the following areas are implemented:
* System functions including OS/processor info, shutdown, message
* User and group management
* Security and resource access control
* Window management - window attributes, position, size etc.
* User input: generation of key/mouse input and hotkey support
* Basic sound playback functions
* Configuration and control of Windows services
* Windows event log access
* Process and thread management
* Directory change monitoring
* Windows file and print network shares
* Drive information, file system types etc.
* Network configuration and statistics
* Clipboard access
* Console mode functions for changing attributes, titles, screen
* System performance data
* Window stations and desktops
* Task scheduling
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Tcl/Tk at http://tcl.tk/