ANNOUNCE: TKproE version 1.01 released
- This message announces a new release of the TCL/TK programming Environment
TKproE is an integrated program development environment for the TCL/TK
scripting language. TKproE, itself, is completely written in the TCL/TK
TKproE supports the rapid development of sophisticated graphical user
interfaces. TKproE takes advantage of TK, a widget set that is accessible
through TCL, a very efficient interpreted programming language. With TKproE
the user can build or modify application programs while they are running.
This makes it possible to test program changes immediately without the cost
of compiling the application.
TKproE is and Open Source product.
TKproE 1.01 is requires TCL/TK 8.4 or later.
TKproE consists of a single TCL script file that can run on Linux, UNIX or
Windows operating systems.
Please visit the TKproE home page:
Changes implemented in version 1.01
1) Added a parameter watch window that can be used to monitor the current
value of any variable.
2) Included some sample widget templates with the distribution.
3) Significantly improved the behavior of configuration windows (e.g. font
selection) that the user may keep open even after the associated widget has
4) Removed a reference to a Windows color name.
5) Fixed an assortment of other minor bugs.
6) Expanded the documentation.
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Tcl/Tk at http://tcl.tk/ ]]