ANNOUNCE: Tcl Windows API extension V0.2
- Version 0.2 of the Tcl Windows API extension has been released.
Project home page, including documentation, examples and download
links, is at http://twapi.sourceforge.net See
http://twapi.sourceforge.net/versionhistory.html for a list of changes
The Tcl Windows API (TWAPI) extension provides access to functions in
the Windows API from within the Tcl scripting language. The extension
targets the Windows NT family (NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and
Windows 2003), and is not supported on the Windows 95/98/ME platforms.
Currently functions in the following areas are implemented:
- Operating system and processor information - version information,
performance data etc.
- User and group management
- Security functions - access control, authorization, impersonation
- Window management - retrieval and manipulation of window attributes,
position, size etc.
- Simulation of user input - generation of key and mouse input
- Sound playback - basic sound functions
- Windows services - configuration and control of Windows services
- Processes and threads - retrieving process and thread information,
termination of threads and processes, performance data
- Disk information - information related to disk usage, file system
- Network shares - functions for managing Windows file and print
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Tcl/Tk at http://tcl.tk/ ]]