ANNOUNCE: NewzPoint v1.3
- What is NewzPoint?
* It is a tabbed layout display of multiple web pages using a
configuration file to automaticlly generate the display.
* Refresh rates are set for each page to keep them updated.
* Change the page location or the refresh rates on the fly.
* Add pages and Groups on the fly
* Ability to generate html pages (used in the comics page)
What does this really mean to me...
* Keep the webpages as current as your want, quickly accessible,
using a minimal ammount of space
* It pulls content from the web (not content pusher)
* Tcl/Tk version 8.3.4 (or greater) or TclKit
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 (or greater)
* Microsoft Windows 95 (or greater)
* Download links available from the Tcl Wiki page on NewzPoint
* If you have Tcl/Tk installed:
1. download newzpoint13.zip
2. unzip the file (keep the tree structure)
3. run the newzpoint.tcl file
* You just want to run NewzPoint (and Tcl/Tk is not installed):
1. download newzpoint13_tclkit.zip
2. download TclKit for Windows if not already installed
3. unzip all the files to a directory
4. run the newzpoint.bat file
(double click) newzpoint13.tcl
Current version is 1.3 (3/28/2002)
* fixed focus issue with optcl and tk by using ffidl
* Add ability to Add Group or Page on the fly
* Added help files
* Relayed out the Buttons on Interface
* Initial Support for tkHtml/browser (no quite there but...started)
See newzpoint.ini file for more information (not generated until you
have run newzpoint one time)
[[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
Announcements archived at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/
The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]