Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (Dec 4)

  • Brett Schwarz
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      QOTW: "> And, picture yourself standing in the exercise yard of a federal
      > prison; there are guards with machine guns all around, and big
      > ugly guys with bad attitudes looking at you and not liking what
      > they see. And post accordingly.
      Nah, that's comp.lang.perl.

      This group is more like a school playground where the place is
      filled with kids who see gems when other people only see rocks,
      and everyone shares in the magic of a found treasure even if it's
      really just something a grown-up threw away. And when they find
      something that truly is junk it is just thrown away with a laugh,
      and a race to find the next cool thing :-)" Bryan Oakley
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=59755e6454ebf2d7

      "If these wieners [who post to comp.lang.tcl] (and I mean that in the
      nicest possible way) can't help, I don't know who can." Ian McGarva
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=c6d09f3d4dddb920

      "You can reasonably expect to sit down at a 'bare' computer, and install,
      begin to use, and acquire a rudimentary feel for Tcl/Tk in a couple of
      hours." Cameron Laird
      http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=VyvN7.629%24RQ6.28587%40typhoon.austin.rr.com

      "Maybe if Tcl/Tk were harder to learn, or more confusing, or you needed to
      look things up a lot when you were using it. Then people would buy more
      books. :-) [oreilly.com lists 28 Perl books, and only 4 Tcl books]" Bob
      Techentin
      http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=9u8hhv%24s9l%241%40srv38.cas.org

      Scrollable canvas, is the end in sight?
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a7f9416665bb4749

      Executing mailto on windows
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=602487d12f188fca

      More lessons in regexp
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=cda7ef577e79b545
      http://groups.google.com/groups?th=342e554c81abb41

      Tcl: the world's leading test-automation language.
      http://mini.net/tcl/testing
      More graph madness
      http://mini.net/tcl/2653.html

      TCL for EDA web site
      http://www.tclforeda.net

      Tcl cronjob
      http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=pgpmoose.200111300840.13796%40non.non.net

      TKSEC - The TK Secure Communications Suite
      http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=pgpmoose.200111301006.14836%40non.non.net

      Everything you want is probably one or two clicks away in these pages:

      The "Welcome to comp.lang.tcl" message by Andreas Kupries
      http://www.purl.org/net/tcl-welcome

      Larry Virden maintains a comp.lang.tcl FAQ launcher
      http://www.purl.org/NET/Tcl-FAQ/

      Brent Welch maintains "The Tcl Developer Xchange", a highly
      organized resource center of documents and software with
      provisions for individuals to "set up a link to your software
      and update ... as you release new versions."
      http://www.tcl-tk.net/resource/
      The Xchange sponsor also keeps info to convince your boss Tcl
      is a good thing
      http://www.tcl-tk.net/scripting/

      The Tcl'ers Wiki is a huge, dynamic, collaboratively edited repository
      of documentation, examples, tutorials and pontifications on all things Tcl.
      http://purl.org/mini/tcl/0
      For the ideal overview of the topics about Tcl most likely to
      interest a newcomer, see "Arts and Crafts ..."
      http://purl.org/mini/tcl/969

      NeoSoft has a comp.lang.tcl contributed sources archive
      http://www.neosoft.com/tcl/contributed-software/

      Cameron Laird tracks many Tcl/Tk references of interest
      http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.tcl/

      Cetus Links maintains a Tcl/Tk page with verified links
      http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_tcl_tk.html

      Google Groups archives comp.lang.tcl.announce posts
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tcl_announce/

      Previous - (U)se the (R)esource, (L)uke! - messages are listed here:
      http://purl.org/thecliff/tcl/url.html
      --in principal. In spring 2001, though,
      http://www.ddj.com/topics/tclurl/
      http://tcl.activestate.com:8004/tclurl/
      are more consistently up-to-date. A fourth possibility is
      http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_q=+Tcl-URL!&as_ugroup=comp.lang.tcl

      Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome.

      To receive a new issue of this posting in e-mail each Monday, ask
      <claird@...> to subscribe. Be sure to mention "Tcl-URL!".
      --
      Dr. Dobb's Journal (http://www.ddj.com) is pleased to participate in and
      sponsor the "Tcl-URL!" project.

      Cameron Laird <Cameron@...>
      Business: http://www.Phaseit.net
      Personal: http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

      [[Send Tcl/Tk announcements to tcl-announce@...
      Send administrivia to tcl-announce-request@...
      The primary Tcl/Tk archive is ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/tcl/ ]]