text-type of Sinaiticus

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1714 , Sep 9, 1996
      I'm writing a brief article on Codex Sinaiticus, and I want to verify the
      information that I have concerning the textual affinities of Codex
      Sinaiticus. In the OT, the sources I have looked at say that it is
      basically Old Greek (where that has been determined), generally inferior
      to B, but sometimes superior (e.g., in 1 Chron, Esdras B, & the prophets).

      In the NT, Sinaiticus is generally counted among the Alexandrian witnesses.
      However, Fee argues that it is Western in John 1-8. Are there any other
      caveats?

      Jimmy Adair
      and
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997