Re: Conversion tables for Tisch. and V.S.

  • Maurice Robinson
    Message 1 of 1714 , Aug 27, 1996
      On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Bart Ehrman wrote:

      > Is there something wrong with the conversion tables in Kurt Aland,
      > _Kurzgefasste Liste der Grichischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments_,
      > 2nd ed. 1994 (pp. 377-427)? These indicate the equivalents of Tischendorf's
      > and von Soden's ms designations in Gregory numbers and, helpfully as
      > well, provide a reverse conversion of Gregory to von Soden, in three
      > separate tables.

      Absolutely nothing wrong with those, Bart, and in fact I have my own
      personal electronic form of those already scanned in. *;-) The problem is
      in getting permission to post these data from the highly proprietary folk
      at Muenster and/or Walter deGruyter in Berlin.

      I would definitely be pleased if in your capacity within the SBL textual
      criticism seminar if you could convincingly persuade them to give
      permission for free and unhindered presentation on the internet. Please
      try, and it will save me a LOT of time working with the errors and
      formatting of the scanned-in Gregory data.

      Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D. Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
      Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Wake Forest, North Carolina
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997