Tischendorf et al

  • Maurice Robinson
    Message 1 of 1714 , Aug 27, 1996
      On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Vincent Broman wrote:

      > Clint Yale has produced the text of Tischendorf8 (the lemma)
      > in machine-readable form (which he sent me) and is now working
      > on the apparatus, using OCR plus proof-reading. It looks hard
      > and I don't know the schedule, but no one should start without
      > coordinating with him.

      I don't know if you have Clint's latest version, but his initial version
      was so chock-full of errors that I suggested he redo from start. I still
      intend later to go over his text in light of the collation data from the
      N26/27 appendix. Until then (or until someone else checks it carefully),
      I would take it as Tischendorf in less than reliable form.

      > Maurice Robinson intended some time back to produce conversion
      > tables between Tischendorf - Von Soden - Gregory sigla
      > for MSS, based on Gregory's Textkritik (now PD) et al.
      > I'm not sure how far along he is with that task.

      Believe it or not, I am about 2/3 of the way complete on that lengthy
      project. Full page scanning from Gregory got most of the numbers ok,
      though there still were numerous errors, and these all have to be manually
      checked, and the ASCII data reformatted significantly. I would be happy
      to release the portions which are complete, but unless someone has a
      pressing need for this material in incomplete form, I think it would be
      best to make all available at one time.

      Maurice A. Robinson, Ph.D. Assoc. Prof./Greek and New Testament
      Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Wake Forest, North Carolina
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997