Re: Announcing "The Encyclopedia of New Testament Textual Criticism"!

  • DrJDPrice@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1714 , Aug 14 1:52 PM
      Dear James K Tauber:
      In a message dated 96-08-14 14:35:03 EDT, you wrote:

      << On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Kevin W. Woodruff wrote:
      > I'm excited by this project. I would suggest contacting Dr. James D. Price
      > at Temple Baptist Seminary (DrJDPrice@...). He has a great deal of
      > material on the use of computers to reconstruct geneological trees of
      > various readings.

      << Hmm. I wonder if Dr Price knows about the ENTMP work. One of our goals is
      facilitate just this very thing.>>

      << James K. Tauber <jtauber@...> http://www.entmp.org/people/jtauber
      Associate Director, Electronic New Testament Manuscripts Project>>

      PRICE
      Yes I have heard of ENTNP but only from a distance. I did not know you
      were working on a genealogical approach. That has been looked down on
      from most sectors.

      I haven't published much, but have been involved in this area for almost 20
      years.
      An early form of my work appears in these articles:
      "A Computer Aid for Textual Criticism," Grace Theological Journal, Spring,
      1987.
      "A Computer-Aided Textual Commentary on the Book of Philippians," Grace
      Theological Journal, Fall, 1987.

      I have software that constructs a genealogical tree for a given data base
      of manuscripts. It is still experimental and not in shape for sharing.
      I will be happy to discuss these things.
      Sincerely,
      James D. Price
      James D. Price, Ph.D.
      Prof. of Hebrew and OT