[tc-list] manuscript stemmas

  • Vinton A. Dearing
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2000
      Johannes G. van der Tak has written me to say that he and his
      colleague H.P.S. Bakker have been using Peter Robinson's COLLATE
      program for the past ten years in their work on Church Slavic
      manuscripts of the Apostolos and the N.T. They have had some
      experience with the PAUP program, and he notes an article on it by
      Robinson in Studies in Stemmatology (Amsterdam/Philadelphia, 1996),
      pp. 71-103. Van der Tak's e-mail addresses are joannest@...
      and joannest@.... He and Bakker have published their
      doctoral dissertations at the University of Amsterdam and some
      articles on their work.

      I must also report that in using my own programs, published on my web
      page www.english.ucla.edu/Dearing, to arrive at a family tree for I
      John, I discovered an error in the one named QRING that I have not
      yet corrected on the page. In part [7], "ringfinding:" following the
      paragraph name "next4var2:" change "ringx = Str(g1) [etc.]" to
      If usecomplement = True Then
      ringx = Str(g1 + 1)
      Else: ringx = Str(g1)
      End If
      ringx = ringx + "," + Str(cg1 * -1) + ","

      Vinton A. Dearing

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: Listsaver-of-tc-list@egroups.com
    • Vinton A. Dearing
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2000
        I have now corrected my QRING program on my web page