[tc-list] P 45

  • Mike Parsons
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2000
      Reply to: P 45
      can anyone direct me to studies of Chester Beatty Papyrus I (P45)? I have the kenyon volume on order through ILL, but wonder if there are other works out there. I am most interested in views on the manuscript itself (its physical features, etc.) and the theories regarding its social context, liturgical use, and/or scribal habits. It seems that P45 has received relatively little attention, not only because of its rather poor state, perhaps because of its so-called 'mixed text-type' (though I know Larry Hurtado on this list did deal with it in his book/dissertation). To reveal my concerns further, I am most interested in the manuscript as the earliest evidence of the circulation of a four-fold Gospel (with Acts). So any study which touches upon the social, historical, and liturgical context of the manuscript would be most helpful. Thanks in advance,
      Mikeal

      Mikeal C. Parsons
      Department of Religion
      Baylor University