Re: TC articles display Greek & Hebrew

  • James K. Tauber
    Message 1 of 1714 , Aug 10 1:25 AM
      This announcement came just as I was starting to put up similar
      information on my Hellenistic Greek Linguistics Pages
      http://www.entmp.org/HGrk/

      I shall include a pointer to your information.

      Furthermore, as the FACE attribute is something the Electronic New Testament
      Manuscripts Project has planned to make use of, I shall ensure that the
      ENTMP uses the same fonts and/or font mapping as Scholars' Press to make
      things easiest for users.

      Just one point of correction like to make though. The FACE attribute is not
      infact a Netscape invention. I believe Microsoft's Internet Explorer has
      had it for a while.

      Also, it is probably worth noting that while the FACE attribute is an
      excellent solution for the moment, style sheets will ultimately provide a
      better solution because font names then don't have to be hard-wired into
      the documents. While IE already supports this, Netscape doesn't.

      James K. Tauber <jtauber@...> http://www.entmp.org/people/jtauber
      Associate Director, Electronic New Testament Manuscripts Project
      Message 1714 of 1714 , Feb 4, 1997