[tc-list] Re: CODEX VATICANVS B (Facsimile e Prolegomena)

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2000
      At 07:01 PM 4/10/00 PDT, Bruce Prior wrote:
      >Italian craftsmanship is alive and well. Number 021 of the limited edition
      >of 450 copies of BIBLIORVM SACRORVM GRAECORVM CODEX VATICANVS B (Facsimile e
      >Prolegomena) arrived today from Italy by DHL courier. Everything about this
      >instant rare work spells deluxe.
      >North American distribution of this work is being handled by Dr. Philip B.
      >Payne, President of Linguist�s Software, Inc., P.O. Box 580, Edmonds, WA
      >98026. His telephone number is 425-775-1130. His e-mail address is:
      >phil@... .
      >
      >For distribution outside of North America, contact Casalini Libri SPA, Via
      >Faentina 169/15, 50014 Caldine Fiesole, Italy. Telephone: (+39-055) 5018.1
      >Website: http://www.casalini.it English-language e-mail contact: Colleen
      >Campbell: ccampbell@... .

      This sounds like an exquisite work. But at Lit. 9.500.000 (about
      $4717.45), it is a bit out of my personal price range. I suppose
      it is cheaper than the original!

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: Listsaver-of-tc-list@egroups.com
    • Douglas Petrovich
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2000
        "This sounds like an exquisite work. But at Lit. 9.500.000 (about
        $4717.45), it is a bit out of my personal price range. I suppose
        it is cheaper than the original!"

        Hopefully this will not influence you to take up the lottery. Thankfully,
        they have no lotteries in Siberia. St. Peter's and the Vatican were built
        on the pennies of the poor, now they are being maintained by the curiosity
        of the scholarly. Some things never change. Congratulations to Dr. Prior.

        D. Petrovich
        NBTS

        ---
        You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: Listsaver-of-tc-list@egroups.com
      • Linguist's Software
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2000
          Dear Bruce,

          Thank you for this information and the referral on the tc list. Thank you
          for your permission yesterday by phone to use your statement in informing
          people about this remarkable work.

          Sincerely,
          Philip B. Payne
          Linguist's Software, Inc.