[tc-list] Apology

  • Thomas J. Kraus
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
      Dear TCers, dear Jan,

      I have to express my deepest excuse for the mail being sent to the
      discussion list TC. I am sending my mails via a school terminal,
      which occasionally is open to students as well (see my freemail-
      address). I just left the room for a minute and when I came back
      found a return-copy of a mail containing severe insults.
      I feel ashamed for that. One of the pupils of "higher education"
      must have taken the opportunity of doing something to make me (!)
      feel ashamed, which I have to now. Of course, this is nothing to be
      put on a scholarly list.

      There is no doubt that such stereotype insults (against people
      living in other countries, eg the Netherlands), even an personal
      offence against an individual are not to be forgiven to anybody who
      should take care of what to send to some place. We should not
      even think about such things ...
      So that I am the one who is responsible for that, even if the
      message was not sent by myself, I must offer to resign from the
      list because of unforgivable insults against a list member.
      Once more: I am sorry about the incident and would like if I could
      to undo what has happened.

      Yours,

      Thomas J. Kraus

      tj.kraus@...
      http://www.freenet.de/tjkraus/Homepage.htm

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: listsaver-of-tc-list@...
    • Bruce Prior
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
        PLEASE do not resign from the TC-List, Thomas. You are an honored member,
        who has made some valuable contributions to the TC community. In this
        all-too-fast electronic world sometimes things happen which are truly beyond
        our control. I truly hope you reconsider and reverse your resignation.
        J. Bruce Prior in Blaine, WA

        >From: "Thomas J. Kraus" <tj.kraus@...>
        >To: "TC-List" <tc-list@...-certr.org>
        >CC: tj.kraus@...
        >Subject: [tc-list] Apology
        >Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:33:34 +0100
        >
        >Dear TCers, dear Jan,
        >
        >I have to express my deepest excuse for the mail being sent to the
        >discussion list TC. I am sending my mails via a school terminal,
        >which occasionally is open to students as well (see my freemail-
        >address). I just left the room for a minute and when I came back
        >found a return-copy of a mail containing severe insults.
        >I feel ashamed for that. One of the pupils of "higher education"
        >must have taken the opportunity of doing something to make me (!)
        >feel ashamed, which I have to now. Of course, this is nothing to be
        >put on a scholarly list.
        >
        >There is no doubt that such stereotype insults (against people
        >living in other countries, eg the Netherlands), even an personal
        >offence against an individual are not to be forgiven to anybody who
        >should take care of what to send to some place. We should not
        >even think about such things ...
        >So that I am the one who is responsible for that, even if the
        >message was not sent by myself, I must offer to resign from the
        >list because of unforgivable insults against a list member.
        >Once more: I am sorry about the incident and would like if I could
        >to undo what has happened.
        >
        >Yours,
        >
        >Thomas J. Kraus
        >
        >tj.kraus@...
        >http://www.freenet.de/tjkraus/Homepage.htm
        >
        >---
        >You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: n7rr@...
        >leave-tc-list-525M@...-certr.org

      • Linguist's Software
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
          I second the sentiment of J. Bruce Prior:
          PLEASE do not resign from the TC-List, Thomas. You are an honored member,
          who has made some valuable contributions to the TC community. In this
          all-too-fast electronic world sometimes things happen which are truly beyond
          our control. I truly hope you reconsider and reverse your resignation.
          Philip B. Payne, Edmonds, WA

          > I have to express my deepest excuse for the mail being sent to the
          > discussion list TC. I am sending my mails via a school terminal,
          > which occasionally is open to students as well (see my freemail-
          > address). I just left the room for a minute and when I came back
          > found a return-copy of a mail containing severe insults.
          > I feel ashamed for that. One of the pupils of "higher education"
          > must have taken the opportunity of doing something to make me (!)
          > feel ashamed, which I have to now. Of course, this is nothing to be
          > put on a scholarly list.
          >
          > There is no doubt that such stereotype insults (against people
          > living in other countries, eg the Netherlands), even an personal
          > offence against an individual are not to be forgiven to anybody who
          > should take care of what to send to some place. We should not
          > even think about such things ...
          > So that I am the one who is responsible for that, even if the
          > message was not sent by myself, I must offer to resign from the
          > list because of unforgivable insults against a list member.
          > Once more: I am sorry about the incident and would like if I could
          > to undo what has happened.
          >
          > Yours,
          >
          > Thomas J. Kraus
          >
          > tj.kraus@...