[tc-list] Is 2 Clem. authored by the same author of 1Clem?

  • Mitchell Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2000
      Someone once told me that 2Clement was not authored by the same person that
      wrote 1Clement. Does this seem to be the case, or does modern scholarship
      show that the author of 2Clem. was the same author of 1Clem.?

      Best,
      Mitchell

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: listsaver-of-tc-list@...
    • Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2000
        At 03:24 PM 2/8/00 -0600, Mitchell Gray wrote:
        >Someone once told me that 2Clement was not authored by the same person that
        >wrote 1Clement. Does this seem to be the case, or does modern scholarship
        >show that the author of 2Clem. was the same author of 1Clem.?

        Modern scholarship holds that 2 Clement is not by the same author of
        1 Clement. (See, e.g., Robert M. Grant, "Clement, Second Epistle Of"
        in ANCHOR BIBLE DICTIONARY I: 1061.

        Stephen Carlson
        --
        Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...