[tc-list] Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Is anybody familiar with Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus?
      I have an article from Robert W. Lyon (NTS 5, 1958/59) in which he gives a
      lot of corrections to Tischendorf's edition. Are these "extremely difficult"
      readings or are they simply errors in Tischendorf?
      I've compared them with Swanson and found that Swanson adopts only two out
      of a total of 15 of Lyon's corrections in John.
      How sure is this?
      Lyon says in his article that a new edition is being prepared. Is this his
      thesis (published?)? Or something else?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
    • Ronald D. Worden
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
          > From: "Ronald D. Worden" <rdworden@...>
          > To: "TC-List" <tc-list@...-certr.org>
          > Subject: [tc-list] RE: Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus

          I looked at a number of Lyon's corrections, and was not convinced by
          them. In several Tischendorf was certainly preferable. I'm in the
          wrong place to get any more precise information from my notes.
          Lyon's edition did not appear.

          David Parker

          Dr D.C. Parker
          Reader in New Testament Textual Criticism and Palaeography

          ---
          You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: listsaver-of-tc-list@...