Isaiah 7:11

  • MR. DAVE FOUTS
    Message 1 of 1714 , Jan 29, 1996
      Dear Colleagues,

      I trust you'll forgive a TC discussion from the Old Testament.
      Recently, on another listserv (either B-Hebrew or ANE), another
      individual was requesting input on Isa. 7:11, wherein the great
      Isaiah scroll reads m'm or m'b rather than the MT's m<m (from with).
      I know of no other manuscript with this reading, and think that
      though the Isaiah scroll's reading of from the mother of or from the
      father of (YHWH) is far more difficult, the context nowhere in the
      passage nor in Scripture refers to a mother or father of YHWH.
      Any input?

      Thanks.

      Dr. Dave Fouts
      BBryan College