[tc-list] Re: Semitic Original

  • kdlitwak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2000
      I'm not sure how convinced I am by it, but since we're citing research, Joseph
      Fitzmyer examines in detail whether there are any evidences of translation Greek
      from a Hebrew or Aramaic original at any point in Luke, including the Magnificat,
      in his Anchor Bible Commentary on Luke, and concludes that there isn't. That is,
      he thinks nothing in Luke was translated from Hebrew or Aramaic.

      Ken Litwak

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: ListSaver-of-tc-list@...
    • Bruce Prior
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2000
        James --
        Please repeat as a private e-mail the info on buying your book.

        Thanks,
        J. Bruce Prior
        853 Alder Street
        Blaine, WA 98230-8030