[tc-list] The Semitic Origin of the New Testament

  • James Trimm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2000
      Since the claim has blatently been made that the Peshitta NT is a
      translation from the Greek NT I would like to point anyone interested to my
      book (THE SEMITIC ORIGIN OF THE NEW TESTAMENT by James Trimm) in which I
      prove that the Aramaic text of the Peshitta could not have been translated
      from our Greek NT.

      This book establishes a Semitic (Hebrew and Aramaic) rather than a Greek
      origin for the New Testament. It takes the reader through an analysis of
      the conditions in first century Judea and the Diaspora while following the
      evolution of the N.T. and analyzes word plays, puns, alliterations and
      misreadings in the Greek text that demonstrate a Hebrew /Aramaic original
      for the New Testament. This book is thorough and packed with footnotes
      establishing a new textual criticism for the N.T. - 77 pgs.

      Suggested donation of $15.00 +$2.00 shipping and handling ($3.20 for
      priority mail)

      Mail check or Money order made out to SANJ to:

      SANJ
      Po Box 471
      Hurst, TX 76053
      USA