[tc-list] Spelling of Mariam
- Some observations on MARIAM / MARIA in the NT:
(only NA-26 used)
1. Genitive is always MARIAS (7 times)
2. Marie the mother of Jesus is named MARIAM (13 times) except one case:
Matt. 1:20 MARIAN (B, L, f1)
MARIAM (01, C, D, W, Z, 038, f13, Maj.)
3. Martha's Marie is always called MARIAM
4. The mother of James and Joses is always called MARIA (10 times)
5. Maria Magdalene is always called MARIA (9 times) except:
Jn. 20:18 MARIAM (P66, 01, B, L)
MARIA (A, D, W, 038, 044, f13, Maj.)
Matt. 27:61 MARIAM (01, B,C,L, 037, 038, f1)
MARIA (A, D, W, f13, Maj.)
Matt. 28:1 MARIAM (01, C, L, 037, 038)
MARIA (A, B, D, W, f1, f13, Maj.)
It seems to me that there is some system behind this. According to this
system the four mentioned cases should be reconsidered.
Ok, I haven't checked the witnesses for the other 50 occurences of Marie,
but I found this interesting.
You are currently subscribed to tc-list as: ListSaver-of-tc-list@...
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-tc-list-445P@...-certr.org