Re: tc-list King James Translation Committee

  • Kevin W. Woodruff
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 1999
      Some books you may want to consult:

      _The Learned Men_ by Gustavus S. Paine (also known as _The Men Behind the
      King James Version)

      _The King James Bible Translators_ by Olga Opfell.

      A list of the translators is in the five volume Hasting's Dictionary of the
      Bible. fuller biographies of about 3/4 of the translators can be found under
      their respective names in _Dictionary of National Biography_

      Kevin W. Woodruff

      At 10:59 AM 12/7/1999 -0800, you wrote:
      >I just looked at the Preface to the King James Translation and
      >Goodspeed's Thesis but cannot find the scholars who formed the
      >various committees responsible for the text.
      >
      >I would like to find out :
      >
      >Who were they, and what were their prior achievements ?
      >
      >Is this information on the WEB ?
      >
      >HILL KAPLAN
      >hilkap@...

      Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.