tc-list Re: UBS4 & NRSV on Jn 1:18

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 1999
      I don't think that this should get a B rating. This is definitely a D
      variant!
      In my opinion it is likely to be a mixing up of YS vs QS. Though QS is the
      harder reading I think it is so hard that it is nearly a nonsense reading.
      (But I am no expert. Anyone for QS?)

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      --------------------
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/
    • Dr. Ron Minton
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 1999
        From: "Wieland Willker" <news1!willker@...-bremen.de>
        Date sent: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:46:23 +0100
        > I don't think that this should get a B rating. This is definitely a D
        > variant! In my opinion it is likely to be a mixing up of YS vs QS.
        > Though QS is the harder reading I think it is so hard that it is
        > nearly a nonsense reading. (But I am no expert. Anyone for QS?)
        > Wieland

        I agree with you. Murray Harris, _Jesus as God_ (Baker), pp. 73-
        103. favors QS and has a detailed explanation theologically.
        Ron Minton
      • Dr. Ron Minton
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 1999
          From: "Wieland Willker" <news1!willker@...-bremen.de>