Re: tc-list ms 1808

  • Maurice A. Robinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2 2:28 PM
      On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:30:29 -0500 jim west <jwest@...> writes:

      >>The MS is 1808, of century xiii, now in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
      >
      >Does anyone have a photo of John 8:5 by chance? Or know where one can
      >be obtained?

      Muenster obviously has a copy, which I used while there; but no photo of
      this or any other portion of MS 1808 circulates so far as I know. The MS
      is not listed among the IGNTP holdings nor any other US library source
      according to John Sharpe's 1971 _Scriptorium_ checklist.

      Considering that this is a correction by erasure, with the original text
      only faintly visible (but quite obvious) on microfilm under the
      replacement transposed letters, I am not sure it would make as much of a
      visual impact as it would had the correction merely been supralinear or
      marginal.

      Maurice A. Robinson
      Professor of NT and Greek
      Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
      Wake Forest, North Carolina