tc-list ms 1808

  • jim west
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
      At 12:18 PM 11/2/99 -0500, Maurice wrote:

      >The MS is 1808, of century xiii, now in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.

      Does anyone have a photo of John 8:5 by chance? Or know where one can be
      obtained?

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      jwest@...
      http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • Maurice A. Robinson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1999
        On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:30:29 -0500 jim west <jwest@...> writes:

        >>The MS is 1808, of century xiii, now in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
        >
        >Does anyone have a photo of John 8:5 by chance? Or know where one can
        >be obtained?

        Muenster obviously has a copy, which I used while there; but no photo of
        this or any other portion of MS 1808 circulates so far as I know. The MS
        is not listed among the IGNTP holdings nor any other US library source
        according to John Sharpe's 1971 _Scriptorium_ checklist.

        Considering that this is a correction by erasure, with the original text
        only faintly visible (but quite obvious) on microfilm under the
        replacement transposed letters, I am not sure it would make as much of a
        visual impact as it would had the correction merely been supralinear or
        marginal.

        Maurice A. Robinson
        Professor of NT and Greek
        Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
        Wake Forest, North Carolina