Re: tc-list An old volume of Tischendorf

  • The Yales
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 1999
      At 05:00 PM 10/8/99 +0000, you wrote:
      >I have just seen - If I understood it correctly - an old volume of
      >Tischendorf's editio princeps of Codex Sinaiticus (I donĀ“t remember the
      >correct title) issued in the 19th century and I have the opportunity to
      >purchase it. Does anyone know what would be a reasonable price? Is
      >anyone on the list interested in this volume?
      >
      >Tommy Wasserman

      Tommy,

      Good Books
      2456 Devonshire Road
      Spriingfield, IL 62703

      lists this volume as a reprint for $35.00 U.S. item #1072 in their catalog.
      If it is the 1863 publication it is probably worth between 50 and 100
      dollars depending on the condition.
      Tischendorf, Constantinus von. Novum Testamentum Sinaiticum. 1863 should
      appear on the title page. I hope this helps.

      Clint Yale