Re: tc-list Charred Manuscripts

  • WFWarren@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 1999
      In a message dated 10/6/99 10:17:00 AM, n7rr@... writes:

      >TCers--
      > Do any of you have experience or information about recovering text
      >from
      >charred parchment manuscripts? Thanks for your help.
      >
      >Bruce Prior in Blaine, WA

      Bruce, I became acquainted with some of the C-PART work and possibilities at
      a meeting this past May. I would recommend contacting them since they,
      through work developed at BYU in conjunction with the needs at the LDS church
      research center, have worked with digitizing documents and multi-spectral
      analysis. Also, if I recall correctly, a recent issue of BAR highlights the
      use of such analysis on some of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

      paz,

      Bill Warren