Re: tc-list Oxyrhynchus Statistics

  • Glen Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 1999
      Thanks for the statistics, Wieland. However we need to be cautious
      about statements like:

      >It is interesting that only one late fragment from the prophets
      >(Amos, POxy 846, VI cent.) has been found. I would have expected at
      >least some Isaiah.

      One must beware of assuming that what was found is what has been
      published. A wealth of material is still awaiting publication. Some
      of the more recent editors have had little interest in theological
      material and therefore bypassed it in the publication process.
      The current editors are remedying that situation. I have been
      assured that some major New Testament material is still in the
      process of being published -- at least as exciting as the large
      Revelation text in the most recent volume (which I have not seen
      yet).

      Glen L. Thompson