Re: tc-list Introducing myself

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
      >Dear fellow members of TC-List,
      >
      > I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself: my name is
      >Vicente Dobroruka, I am in Brazil (Ancient History teacher at the
      >Universidade de Brasília). I am 30, married, no children yet. My master
      >degree dealt with the connections between Joachim of Fiore's apocalyptic
      >writings and the ideas of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, the German Aufklärer. As
      >a matter of fact I am deeply interested in Jewish apocalyptic since my
      >graduation years.

      Then you will absolutely want to take a look at:

      http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_sd/otpseud.html

      The owner of this page- Jim davila, is one of the most knowledgeable people
      in the world regarding OT apocrypha and pseuedepigrapha. there are lots of
      resources here as well.

      Sometimes, though, the St. Andrews server is slow so you may have to try a
      couple of times to get connected.

      Best wishes on your work- it is a truly fascinating area of Biblical
      studies- and one filled with significance.

      Best,

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      email- jwest@...
      web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • Vicente Dobroruka
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 1999
        Dear fellow members of TC-List,

        I am new to this list and would like to introduce myself: my name is
        Vicente Dobroruka, I am in Brazil (Ancient History teacher at the
        Universidade de Brasília). I am 30, married, no children yet. My master
        degree dealt with the connections between Joachim of Fiore's apocalyptic
        writings and the ideas of Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, the German Aufklärer. As
        a matter of fact I am deeply interested in Jewish apocalyptic since my
        graduation years.
        Thus, for the last two years I am concerned about Josephus' account of
        the '66 revolt in it's connections with apocalyptic literature. I intend
        this to vbecome my doctorate in few years' time. Biblical studies are also a
        recent interest of mine, specially those connected with New Testament, even
        if my main purpose is to the study the pseudepigrapha in relation to the
        above stated questions.
        This list caught me immediately, being linked as it is with the TC page.
        I am sure it will be most useful to me, and I hope I can help any of you
        where feasible, my knowledge on the subject for the moment being much more
        modest than yours.

        Be well,

        Vicente Dobroruka