tc-list New online GNT

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 1999
      I have prepared a new online GNT, which is (I hope) at last an allowed, free
      version. It is the Westcott-Hort text from 1881, combined with the NA26/27
      variants. This version was prepared by Maurice Robinson (originally for the
      Online Bible) and is published as public-domain.

      You can find it at:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/index.html

      I am atm improving it a bit by indicating the difficult readings:
      "Text in red indicates readings, where the UBS editorial committee had great
      difficulty in deciding which variant to place in the text. Please refer to
      "A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament" by Bruce M. Metzger, 2nd
      ed.,1994, for the details. The difficult readings are indicated by the
      letters C and D. To find these positions easy, they are labeled with an
      asterisk, *."
      So far I have done the Gospels.

      Comments highly welcome!

      Best wishes