tc-list Re: AIBI-6

  • Cook@AKAD.SUN.AC.ZA
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 1999
      Dear list-members

      As you all probably know by now the AIBI (Association
      Internationale Bible et Informatique)-6 congress will take place in
      Stellenbosch, SOUTH AFRICA 17-21 July 2000. I have had good reaction
      from collegues working in the fields of Hebrew Bible and Septuagint,
      even though we would welcome additional proposals. However, as far
      as the NT goes not many have reacted upon my call for papers. I am
      still trying to find someone who will be willing to take
      responsibility for the keynote address. I would appreciate it very
      much if someone would come forward in this regard.

      The level of academic activity concerning the NT is high on this
      list (as is the HB and LXX). I would welcome you all to Stellenbosch.
      This will present a perfect opportunity to see SOUTH AFRICA. The
      International SBL meeting will take place in Cape Town just after
      AIBI-6 from the 24-28th of July. Cape Town is 50 km from here!!

      With kind regards

      Johann Cook
      Prof. Johann Cook
      Department of Ancient Studies
      UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH, PRIVATE BAG X1 MATIELAND ZA-7602
      SOUTH AFRICA
      TEL:(0027-21) 8083203; 8083207
      FAX: (0027-21) 8083480
      E-mail: cook@...
      HOMEPAGES:
      http://www.sun.ac.za/as (Ancient Studies)
      http://www.sun.ac.za/as/journals/jnsl
      (Journal of Northwest Semitic Languages)